American Tobacco Historic District

raleightransplant

1 minute ago, DanRNC said:

If it's not announced this week, this deal is probably in trouble as it should have been done last week. Leave it up to the NC bubbas to screw it up.

they are awaiting on the new state budget which has to be overrode by the NC House (state senate already did) then it becomes law with new incentive program.  The budget should be passed this week. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

they are awaiting on the new state budget which has to be overrode by the NC House (state senate already did) then it becomes law with new incentive program.  The budget should be passed this week. 

Then I have even less confidence.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Since this tech company is moving out of American Tobacco I will put this here.  Willow Inc. taking almost 6x as much space in newly renovated Golden Belt Campus in Durham.  And look what the CEO says about the local labor force.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2018/06/29/first-tenants-sign-on-at-downtown-durhamsrevamped.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=article_du&ed=2018-06-29&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1530303282&j=82448041

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Since this tech company is moving out of American Tobacco I will put this here.  Willow Inc. taking almost 6x as much space in newly renovated Golden Belt Campus in Durham.  And look what the CEO says about the local labor force.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2018/06/29/first-tenants-sign-on-at-downtown-durhamsrevamped.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=article_du&ed=2018-06-29&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1530303282&j=82448041

Enlighten those of us who seem to always be at their 3 article limit...

Edited by Jones_
  • Haha 2

^^^^^  """Software agency WillowTree, Inc. is moving into just over 29,000 square feet at an old warehouse on the campus that is in the midst of being overhauled into a new, mixed-use space of offices, restaurants and artist studio space.""

"""WillowTree has offices in Virginia and New York, but CEO Tobias Dengel attributes much of the firm’s success to the innovative work culture in the Bull City. “Durham has been an incredible part of our growth,” Dengel stated. “The talent in this area is among the best in the nation and we look forward to offering a world class office environment to our incredible team members.”""

from the article mentioned above.  came from 5200 sq ft in the ATC

• Like 2

Thank you much. Based on the number of guys around here that just write phone apps in their spare time, or the large numbers of IT conversations around me practically any place I drink, this non-IT guy has suspected this all along. More reason to speculate on behalf of Apple and Amazon of course. Now if we can just get the urban planning stuff sorted out around here...and the tobacco spitting politics. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nicholas said:

Try opening the link in private browsing.  Usually it won't count against your score that way.

Ah, cool. Will try. Also, I usually can get a print screen capture before it rolls up, but on my little laptop keyboard I'm trouble doing that...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

8 hours ago, Phillydog said:

Article link?

Sorry, I meant this one. Hadn't had my coffee yet...

On 6/29/2018 at 4:20 PM, KJHburg said:

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/3/2019 at 11:41 AM, SydneyCarton said:

With Durham’s renaissance, I’d like to see companies in the RTP move downtown.  Personally, I find the RTP and its 1970s office parks depressing.

Some companies especially larger ones want a huge campus like setting.  Parmer RTP the old Glaxo campus has had great success in backfilling lots of the space there with new and expanding companies.  Remember Apple bought a big chunk of land there for some future campus itself. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Some companies especially larger ones want a huge campus like setting.  Parmer RTP the old Glaxo campus has had great success in backfilling lots of the space there with new and expanding companies.  Remember Apple bought a big chunk of land there for some future campus itself. 

Yes, but companies can have urban campuses.  Amazon has one in Seattle, Google has one in New York, BoA has them in NY and Charlotte, etc.  I find the RTP really miserable.   I’d much rather work near Brightleaf or the ATC.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yes, but companies can have urban campuses.  Amazon has one in Seattle, Google has one in New York, BoA has them in NY and Charlotte, etc.  I find the RTP really miserable.   I’d much rather work near Brightleaf or the ATC.

I get it believe me but some companies like pharma and life sciences love campuses.    and what do you have against pine trees that dominate RTP?   you afraid your car will be yellow in the spring?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3