American Tobacco Historic District

raleightransplant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/11/2021 at 1:50 PM, SydneyCarton said:

There's a photo of several Triangle projects including the ATC.   

Ah, I'd recommend clarifying the next time as I think the photo is only in the video and the article and pictures in it are only of Midtown Exchange.

• 1 month later...

Utility work appears to be done.

IMG_4124.JPG

IMG_4125.JPG

IMG_4126.JPG

IMG_4127.JPG

Guess I'll throw this pic in here too.  Drove past this lot which said future site of Durham Bulls minor league field.  Hadn't heard of this before now, it's located on the far side of 147 at Blackwell and Morehead.  Appears to be two parcels involved, a small one which is owned by American Campus V, and a larger one which is owned by Miracle League of the Triangle.

IMG_4128.thumb.JPG.9ca6fd6f738b159791df3b8ff41ebd72.JPG

Edited by nicholas
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
56 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Glaxo Smith Kline moving to ATC in the Fowler building leaving the RTP.  They long sold their campus in RTP and now it home to many other companies but this is still notable. 

GlaxoSmithKline to relocate offices, hundreds of workers to Downtown Durham | WRAL TechWire

""After nearly 40 years in Research Triangle Park, British pharma giant GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE: GSK) is leaving its massive campus there for a smaller space in downtown Durham – shaving nearly half a million square feet from its footprint in the area but not cutting any jobs.  On Monday, the company announced it will be vacating its sprawling 561,652-square-foot campus in RTP for 68,000 square feet across two buildings at the American Tobacco Campus in Durham. The company is also downsizing its space in Philadelphia.""

GSK to slash RTP footprint with move to downtown Durham - Triangle Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

Are they moving to the new Hines buildings or to existing buildings.  I'd love to see more companies leave the RTP.  It's such a depressing area.  It reminds me of  the area in Pineville where all of those light industrial buildings are located.

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Glaxo Smith Kline moving to ATC in the Fowler building leaving the RTP.  They long sold their campus in RTP and now it home to many other companies but this is still notable. 

GlaxoSmithKline to relocate offices, hundreds of workers to Downtown Durham | WRAL TechWire

""After nearly 40 years in Research Triangle Park, British pharma giant GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE: GSK) is leaving its massive campus there for a smaller space in downtown Durham – shaving nearly half a million square feet from its footprint in the area but not cutting any jobs.  On Monday, the company announced it will be vacating its sprawling 561,652-square-foot campus in RTP for 68,000 square feet across two buildings at the American Tobacco Campus in Durham. The company is also downsizing its space in Philadelphia.""

GSK to slash RTP footprint with move to downtown Durham - Triangle Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

Huge!!!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Little more detailed plans than I have seen for the Hines led expansion of ATC

hinesgarziavirtualvegas.com/american-tobacco-campus/

the office tower the last one maybe 17 stories 

This is going to be amazing!  My only gripe is that the water features are totally lame considering that the ATC has amazing ones.  One would have hoped that Hines would try to do something great here also.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 3