Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobliocatt

New Orleans: 45 story tower to be rebuilt

I love the new look! (even though anything is better than the old one)... Does anyone know the current/future height of the building?

Oh thank god. I took a picture of that tower in November, and I thought, "that's the ugliest codtam building I've ever seen."

You can, apparently, polish a turd. It just takes $100 million.

That is good news! It looks rather isolated though... how will it fit in with the rest of the skyline?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its near the Sugar Bowl and a little west of the downtown core, so it sould stand out pretty well.

I love the new look! (even though anything is better than the old one)... Does anyone know the current/future height of the building?

The current 45 story building was built in 1969 and is 531 feet tall. With the new top and spire, it should grow in height, perhaps up to 100 ft. however, I don't expect it to become the city's new tallest.

That buildings looks nice.Its good they did that,some of those buildings they have are kind of boring(to me).

That buildings looks a little like one they're going to build in Miami.a little bit.

Why in the world is a 45 story abandoned there in the first place? It boggles my mind that such an expensive building is sitting there unused.

Edit: NVM I read the link above.