Norfolk Cruise Terminal

willy

• 1 month later...

Expect Downtown's 4th tower crane either this week or next week. The yellow base of the tower crane very similar to that of Harbor Heights tower crane base before that was erected has already been installed. Now we just need the pieces to go up! Also since the cruise terminal will be only 2 stories, I put this crane as the shortest in downtown probably 100-125ft. tall.

Expect Downtown's 4th tower crane either this week or next week. The yellow base of the tower crane very similar to that of Harbor Heights tower crane base before that was erected has already been installed. Now we just need the pieces to go up! Also since the cruise terminal will be only 2 stories, I put this crane as the shortest in downtown probably 100-125ft. tall.

Great news, thanks for the update. :thumbsup:

Wow, I actually did not expect there to even be a tower crane for the cruise terminal. Interesting. :huh:

Wow, I actually did not expect there to even be a tower crane for the cruise terminal. Interesting. :huh:

I bet the glass building is a pre fabed building and they don't have anywhere but in Town Point Park to store the material so it would make it easier with a tower crane and I bet weight has to be an issue as well to why a tower crane.

Edited by rusthebuss

I bet the glass building is a pre fabed building and they don't have anywhere but in Town Point Park to store the material so it would make it easier with a tower crane and I bet weight has to be an issue as well to why a tower crane.

Whoooaa there Rus, I had to take 2 mental breaths to finish THAT sentence! :P

Anywho, So in a few months, we should have about 7 cranes up in downtown:

Trader: 2

Harbor Heights: 2?

Cruise Terminal: 1

Granby Tower: 2?

• 1 month later...

I haven't posted in a while but I have kept up with news. Since I haven't been up here in a while, I might as well make my first post of 2006 a quick news bit. Downtown's 4th and (unsurprisingly) shortest tower crane is in place at the Norfolk Cruise Terminal site. I don't know the exact height but it seems to be over 100 ft but no taller than 150 ft. In any event, it still adds a view and shows more obvious signs of progress in downtown :)

I haven't posted in a while but I have kept up with news. Since I haven't been up here in a while, I might as well make my first post of 2006 a quick news bit. Downtown's 4th and (unsurprisingly) shortest tower crane is in place at the Norfolk Cruise Terminal site. I don't know the exact height but it seems to be over 100 ft but no taller than 150 ft. In any event, it still adds a view and shows more obvious signs of progress in downtown :)

I'll have to go DT and check that out. I didn't even know they had put one up yet.

• 1 month later...

It's the normal doom and gloom article from the Pilot. Norfolk has proven the Pilot wrong on so many projects like Mac Mall, Nauticus, Granby St., Harbor Park, etc. I have no worries that when this project is completed we will have many cruise lines sailing from our terminal.

Norfolk Mayor Paul D. Fraim said he is

The Pilot is a poorly written paper, but it is a little far the say they are doom and gloom.

Our cruise terminal will be a success with our downtown location. We may actually become a favorite of the cruise industry in five years once all our exciting developments are complete! I can see us one day becoming a destination of our own especially if the beach can improve it's appeal to tourists and establish itself which will indeed give our region more to offer cruise travelers in a package deal!

Our cruise terminal will be a success with our downtown location. We may actually become a favorite of the cruise industry in five years once all our exciting developments are complete! I can see us one day becoming a destination of our own especially if the beach can improve it's appeal to tourists and establish itself which will indeed give our region more to offer cruise travelers in a package deal!

How about Norfolk improving the appeal of Ocean View Beach. Restore it back to its glory days and make OV a tourist spot.

• 4 weeks later...