Norfolk Cruise Terminal

willy

Nothing wrong with using history to name buildings but i do think they need some kind of plaques or some kind of documentation that everyone can see by the name to explain

That's actually a pretty good idea. It'll go a long way to take away the "cheesiness" (word?) of the name.

• 4 weeks later...

This doesn't sound to good. The city is spending all this money on the terminal and then this happens. Is this the state doing this?

No it's not the state but it sounds like some shady business nonetheless. The pilots were challeged by the cruise industry for overcharging. The state commission sided with the cruise industry saying they had indeed been overcharged on now the cruise industry is filing suit in order to recoup those loses. It appears that this latest move by the pilots is an attempt to recoup their loses before so much as a dime is paid. They are changing their formula in such a way that cruise ships will have to pay a significantly higher fee. It all seems very sneaky and underhanded to me and the city better get on board and start to take a stand on this issue. This could significantly affect the viability of our new cruise terminal.

Posturing. :whistling: We see this all the time. Both sides will try to make their case in the "Court of Public Opinion". We will probably read a lot more theatrics & dramatics all the the way to the last months before the new terminal opens. Thats my take/hope anyway. :blush:

Honestly though, 200k is a lot of money. I'd be happy with my salary. I can't really see why they'd need more, it's not like they're hurting. :unsure: It reminds of those baseball players that go on strike because they make $1million a year less than their counterparts. Nevermind that they already make $12 million a year anyway. :lol: Oh well, I'm probably reading this all wrong anyway. I just hope whatever the case they come to a quick resolution so it doesn't have any adverse effect on the cruise industry. We don't need anymore bad news.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At the angle shown in that pic, it almost looks like a tugboat. would it be pushing the cruise ship or the boat-shaped Nauticus? Also, from above (as seen on the website) it looks like a breaking wave.

I think it would be "pulling" the cruise ship. :lol:

Anywho, its going to be one heck of a place when its done!

Lookin' good! Better than lining all them old people up on the sidewalk along Bousch street in front of Nauticus!

"all them old people"?

Are there age restrictions on who can take cruises?

O, I forgot. Young people can't take cruises because they spend every last penny on overpriced housing.

Back to solid information, the Nauticus parking lot is being reconfigured to eliminate the little traffic circle and create more of a large oval covering the entire parking area to better handle the dropping off and picking up process. Looks to be a nice improvement.