River House Condominiums

GRCentro

Clown Kiss,

Welcome and thanks for the information. It is great to see this project moving forward with input from potential residents!

Joe

There's a Homeowner's Forum next Tuesday.  Anyone with reservations is invited to attend.  They're going to run through the building plans thus far, taking input from the crowd (on parking, amenities, retail, etc).  Should last 1 1/2 hours, starting at 6:30pm in Tower #1.

The final plans should be ready within the next two weeks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes someone go, please shout, "GO HIGHER" to the people taking questions... Theres nothing I'd like to see more then this be our 1st tallest apartment/condo tower in the state, next being Miami tower of Grand Rapids....

I do however have a lot of pride for what Grand Rapids is, and if you live outside of Detroit you do actually get a little sick of the "outstate" references and the "if it isn't Detroit..." mentality. I can't even imagine how the U.P. feels.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Living in Grand Rapids and attending school in the UP, I can comment on this.

For the most part, yoopers feel they are a part of Wisconsin. Few people go down state. If they need something from a larger city, they head to Green Bay. It's hard being the only Lions fan, much less non-Packer fan.

Few people go down state. If they need something from a larger city, they head to Green Bay.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or Duluth. Or Minneapolis. Even Chicago is closer. But how the heck did you end up in this thread?

Must...suppress...feline netiquette comments... :D

-DC (MTU, Class of '95)

• 2 weeks later...

What was the reservation breaking point?

140 has to be getting close.  If this goes up, downtown GR will look like a boom town over the next few years with all of the various projects firing at the same time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

An amendment to your statement, Super: It WILL BE a boomtown. -_- Freeway users on US-131 and the Ford (I-196) will be doing this ----> :w00t:

An amendment to your statement, Super:  It WILL BE a boomtown.  -_-  Freeway users on US-131 and the Ford (I-196) will be doing this ---->  :w00t:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually with all the road construction they will be like this ---> :wacko: but at least they will be looking at some nice buildings whil they are stuck in traffic :)

140? That is great. When are they going to get a website?! :)

It was nice to see 2 condominium developments advertised alongside each other in the Grand Rapids Press. Go Downtown GR!

An email update says that there are now 140 units reserved.

Shall we expect groundbreaking soon?  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 2 weeks later...

I got an e-mail back straight from the horses mouth: construction to start in the Fall, with move-ins starting in 2007 (lower floors first, obviously).

with projects announced, delayed, and cancelled I will feel much better about this once I see some cranes out putting up the steal frame.

nonetheless, it will be quit nice to see two buildings going up at the same nearly across from each other from the river.

Archived