River House Condominiums

GRCentro

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, OK. I was wrong. They are definitely doing some work on the footings at River House. There was a Wolverine Truck there, with, well, you can see the photos:

9CF66A90E98411D99410049218F73B1D.jpg

9A9A2B10E98411D9B397970518F73B1D.jpg

Then, Bob Grooters came out from behind a parked car in the parking ramp:

069F00C0DFA211D9AA310A5243252821.jpg

:P:P:P

:rofl:

Still wearing his costome from the Mackie's World Grand Opening (Americas First Mall for Kids)!  Doesn't he work for Grooters now?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah he's back at Grooters. After falling off the face of the map for a few years he returned to GR. I think he's been there for a few years now.

Nitro

At 31 + 2 to 3 floors, it's hard to imagine that you wouldn't be able to see the top of Tower II if you took this photo in a couple of years :blink: :

E2057AC0D91911D98400938C18F73B1D.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

as long as we see it :blink: and its not INVISIBLE!

heh I would love to see that go up.

Remember, residential floors are around 11' or so.  The current floors in the first building are commercial and close to 18'.  There will however be six to ten 18' or so floors.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wasn't necessarily counting floors, but the current tower is 77m (252 ft.), and the new tower will be 371' (maybe up to 400'). That's quite a jump in altitude ;)

• 2 weeks later...

More work was being done today. Looked like specialty work as the company doing it was from Green Bay. Also, if there are issues between the building owners and Grooters - as some have suggested - why is the building owner allowing Grooters to set up shop in Bridge Water. There is a condo sales office on the second floor.

Good point. Maybe they are taking the rent money and running. :)

What kind of company was there? GRDad, go forth and take pictures.. :)

Joe

More work was being done today. Looked like specialty work as the company doing it was from Green Bay.  Also, if there are issues between the building owners and Grooters - as some have suggested - why is the building owner allowing Grooters to set up shop in Bridge Water.  There is a condo sales office on the second floor.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point. Maybe they are taking the rent money and running. :)

What kind of company was there? GRDad, go forth and take pictures.. :)

Joe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl: Actually, I drove by there last Saturday and a Moore & Bruggink Surveying/Engineering truck was there. It seems like if they were just going through the motions to garner interest, they would block off the street with all kinds of orange cones and really make a show. The survey crew was almost hiding behind the bushes there on a Saturday morning. Hmmmm.

FYI: my brother tells me it is not unusual for people to sell their buying positions the closer you get to groundbreaking.

Probably the "Oh Crap, this is going to happen and I can't afford it" complex.

I agree, if they were just putting on a good show, I wouldn't think they would be digging. A couple of cones and a guy leaning on his shovel would do the trick... Oh wait, construction workers do that even when a project is going up. :)

Joe

:rofl:  Actually, I drove by there last Saturday and a Moore & Bruggink Surveying/Engineering truck was there.  It seems like if they were just going through the motions to garner interest, they would block off the street with all kinds of orange cones and really make a show.  The survey crew was almost hiding behind the bushes there on a Saturday morning.  Hmmmm.

FYI:  by brother tells me it is not unusual for people to sell their buying positions the closer you get to groundbreaking.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I stopped by last night and took a look at the pit. They workers had a truck in the pit with some kind of drill on the back. I could see some freshly poured concrete in some spots. If they're putting on a show, they're sparking my interest.

I stopped by last night and took a look at the pit. They workers had a truck in the pit with some kind of drill on the back. I could see some freshly poured concrete in some spots. If they're putting on a show, they're sparking my interest.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could be they are turning the foundation into a really deep inground pool for the tenants at Bridgewater :lol:

I hope its starting to begin, I would love to see this tower finally go up :D

If the current tower was 250' and the new one will 370' won't additional structural work have to be completed? The original design called for twin towers as I recall. I can't imagine the prior structural plans having that much leeway.

If the current tower was 250' and the new one will 370' won't additional structural work have to be completed?  The original design called for twin towers as I recall.  I can't imagine the prior structural plans having that much leeway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That might be why they are so adament about going "no higher than 400 ft". Maybe that's all the current foundation will hold without some major structural changes. Anyone else with engineering background want to give it a shot?

Archived