River House Condominiums

GRCentro

This tower does not look to be quite as 'massive' as the first, it seems like it is more slimmed down.  I could be wrong though as the footprint is the same.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you are right Supernova. Residential units are probably not as deep from the center hallway to the outside wall as commercial units are.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This tower does not look to be quite as 'massive' as the first, it seems like it is more slimmed down.  I could be wrong though as the footprint is the same.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The second tower footprint was always planned to be smaller than the first. That applies to back when they dug the original foundation.

I'm just glad to see that there will be more character to the BACK (North side) of the second tower. The back of 1 is a big blue box (flash cube), where as 2 will be curved with multiple patios on each floor.

I also see they have changed it to 8 units per floor instead of 9. And what's with the unit names (The Muskegon??)

http://www.grriverhouse.com/html/floor_plan_overview.html

• 2 weeks later...

pier?

anyways 33 floors/10ft floor to floor/ cast in place concrete columns..blah blah blha.

some lofts up top. price is really good and about 90% reserved. (182)

condos were named after rivers in the area.... groots did it!

adding lots of new caisson's in that there hole soon to hold this puppy up.....

i hope we can avoid the river bugs on the balcony....

finished the new rendering yesterday...looks good. you all own me

hows my spanish?

pier?

anyways 33 floors/10ft floor to floor/ cast in place concrete columns..blah blah blha.

hows my spanish?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whaaa? :huh:

pier?

hows my spanish?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's quite the cryptic reply. You don't write the Business Journal "Street Talk" by chance, do you? ;)

I've got some "push" at Grand Rapids Magazine, and that new rendering won't be in the August issue (due out next week). It will be in the September issue, due out ... you know ... in September.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that River House has their new rendering in their Grand Rapids Press ad. A much "crisper" version, and some of the patio layouts have changed. Their website has not been updated yet. Just peak in the Real Estate section if you want to see it.

I noticed that River House has their new rendering in their Grand Rapids Press ad.  A much "crisper" version, and some of the patio layouts have changed.  Their website has not been updated yet.  Just peak in the Real Estate section if you want to see it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yea they dumped the top hat. and made it look more liek the groots logo on top

I'm still not certain,  is the project a definate go?  Or is it still lingering in that grey area that leads to most certain demise for most proposals that go thru the city ? '

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I spent the whole day yesterday touring myself around downtown Grand Rapids, so I stopped in at the sales office at Bridgewater Place and spoke with Rachel. Upon giving me some reading materials, she said that construction should start in October with a finishing date of 2007. A very exciting project, also knowing the Marriott will rise across the river!

I think theres a trade-off. The first one is too bulky. I like the tall, slender look of the new one better. But the solid-glass skin on the outside leaves both of them looking a little menacing. But it will definately be a good addition. What would be really cool would be if the museum across the street let the parking lot go that fronts on Bridge so a nice mixed use situation could go in there, facing Bridge St. from the river to 131. That would make that area waaay nicer. Hey, I can dream can't I?? :)

they didnt add anything, just dumped the top hat look and tapered the top floors more. check out that tan terrorist van!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alrighty, then we'll stick with the original 371' (can't argue with the Knowitall family). And a yellow terrorist van coming out of the Gerald Ford Museum? Hmmmmm.

Archived