River House Condominiums

GRCentro

Welcome D59! I hope you continue to post.

As far as skyscraperpage.com listing it as under construction, I think that is a bit early.

Hopefully they will announce something this year (October?) but even the Marriott, which is a sure thing, isn't under construction yet.

Joe

Hi,  I'm new to this forum.  I am a lurker that just registered.  I've been keeping track of this site since late 2004.  I love architecture, and I love Grand Rapids.  I really like the information posted on this site and I visit it daily.

I just noticed on SkyscraperPage.com that River House is now considered under construction.  Why did they make this designation.  I thought I would hear it from this site first.  The people here seem to be more "in-the-know".  Did I miss something?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This morning when I drove by the site there was some metal contraption sticking up a few feet above grade into the air from the bottom of the hole. Is there any new activity? Or have I not been paying enough attention lately?

A buddy of mine went to Riverhouse last week and he said that they were going to start *SELLING* condo's this week. Does this mean that the deposit to buy/sell agreement process is about to begin?

Joe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The salersperson there also says that "pre-construction" pricing ends Sept. 1st. Does that mean "post" construction is Sept 2nd. Let's hope :D

I've been looking at that site and have wondered where they are going to stage construction materials. On top of the parking ramp? Leave trucks in the road like they have to do in tight downtown construction?

The September issue of Grand Rapids Magazine has an article about River House and an interview with Grooters. At press time, apparently there were 175 reservations already for 198 residential units. Grooters says his goal is to begin construction in September and move residents in by spring 2007.

• 2 weeks later...

You are right about GR not being represented well over at SSP. Lansing has more building diagrams represented than Grand Rapids there. No offense to Lansing, but I think Grand Rapids has more structures and construction than Lansing. Thanks for the update GRDadof3!

Well, then, Grand Rapidians must get over there are starting requesting more structures added and drawings drawn. As you can see, I single handidly built up the Lansing page. It's all about volunteerism. You can't complain if you're not going to do anything about it.

Sorry if I seem defensive, but I've worked pretty hard to update the Michigan pages, and there isn't a lot of information out there on Grand Rapid's high-rises. I've done a lot of research and it shows on emporis.com and skyscraperpage.com in how comprehensive the pages are.

Well, then, Grand Rapidians must get over there are starting requesting more structures added and drawings drawn.  As you can see, I single handidly built up the Lansing page.  It's all about volunteerism.  You can't complain if you're not going to do anything about it.

Sorry if I seem defensive, but I've worked pretty hard to update the Michigan pages, and there isn't a lot of information out there on Grand Rapid's high-rises.  I've done a lot of research and it shows on emporis.com and skyscraperpage.com in how comprehensive the pages are.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry Lmichigan. I didn

Sorry I blew up, I just thought that you were being overly critical, but I know how it feels to see something not updated. I'll try and add more buildings when I get the time, but I don't draw much anymore.

The thing with Grand Rapids is that most of the buildings that are currently on emporis have no heights, and I don't like to add buildings without definite heights, but I will now.

I need a Grand Rapidian willing to research some of these buildings and see what facts and information they can come up with.

Sorry I blew up, I just thought that you were being overly critical, but I know how it feels to see something not updated.  I'll try and add more buildings when I get the time, but I don't draw much anymore. 

The thing with Grand Rapids is that most of the buildings that are currently on emporis have no heights, and I don't like to add buildings without definite heights, but I will now.

I need a Grand Rapidian willing to research some of these buildings and see what facts and information they can come up with.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I may try to look up some GR buildings on the Sanborn maps if I get back to the State library anytime soon. I can't guaruntee anything, but I'll try. The Sanborn maps are sometimes difficult to read and understand and looking up Lansing buildings that I'm familiar with took over 2 hours. If someone from GR knows about some Sanborn archives up there it would probably be better though.

A little birdy told me that Groots is pushing his team HARD to get started on Tower II, but they are saying they are not ready yet. Plans are still being tweaked (some Consumers Energy driven changes), value engineered, etc... Looks like another month at least. Anyone else hear anything. My source is my neighbor who has some dealings currently with Tower I, so I don't know how reliable it is.

Just to let you guys know, I reworked the Bridgewater Place drawing today for skyscraperpage.com. It's not perfect (it doesn't have the signage, or penthouse roof box), but it's an improvement over my old drawing. I plan on doing the River House sometime later tonight or tomorrow to complete this complex. If you want to go see it, you'll have to go to the diagrams page at www.skyscraperpage.com. It's currently pending. For some reason, I can not link the drawing.

Just to let you guys know, I reworked the Bridgewater Place drawing today for skyscraperpage.com.  It's not perfect (it doesn't have the signage, or penthouse roof box), but it's an improvement over my old drawing.  I plan on doing the River House sometime later tonight or tomorrow to complete this complex.  If you want to go see it, you'll have to go to the diagrams page at www.skyscraperpage.com.  It's currently pending.  For some reason, I can not link the drawing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The drawing looks great on skyscraperpage. Thanks for keeping this updated for us Lmichigan!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived