Hotel proposals

doormanpoet

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No info on my end d m p. The Ritz-Carlton was what was originally planned for the triangular site (old Mandrell museum) at the Roundabout. Might still happen, but haven't heard anything. 9-11 screwed up lots of plans back then, but we'll see what continuing recovery will do. There are plans for a $100 million development on that site, but there's a lawsuit in the works over shared parking with that Comfort Inn on the corner. The suit is scheduled to be heard April 11, so I guess sometime after that we'll hear something. The land is owned by Starstruck, Reba McEntire's company.

The Peabody may happen sometime. It's been my theory all along that they are waiting on some decision about the convention center. They may build without it, they may not. If they continue to want millions in public money in the amounts they want, I doubt the city will agree.

I have a friend who has seen the plans for the new Hampton Suites across from the Symphony Center. Looks good, he says. Nice affordable hotel space is needed down there.

Symphony Center is looking really good, the overall shape and form is very evident now. It'll sure dress up the area.

I think that's the property they're talking about, the south side of the Symphony Center. There are buildings there, a labor outpost, the old Jungle bar which is now encased in a chain link fence and a small building that once sold restaurant supplies but now serves as the office of the contstruction company working on the concert hall.

They plan 150 suites.

Archived