Columbia gets a Craigslist

lastweek

Well, imagine my surprise when I was informed (by my mother of all people) that Columbia has been added to the list of cities served by Craigslist. For those who are unfamiliar, Craigslist is a place on the web where people can find and peddle jobs, houses/apartments, roommates, love interests, group postings, furniture and other merchandise, etc, etc. In many larger cities around the world, Craigslist has taken over as the predominant medium in which these activites take place. It has also proved to be an invaluable asset for people looking for housing in tough real estate markets, such as San Fran, LA, Washington DC, New York and Boston. I've personally used Craigslist to find rooms for rent, furniture, music equipment, and even tennis partners in the Bay Area, Portland, Cleveland, and Cincinnati, so I am happy to see Craigslist step up and fill a void in Columbia. Sure beats the Carolina Trader in my book :D .

I see it almost as a modern day rite of passage for a city to get a Craigslist; I just hope that people around Columbia discover it and use it to keep information, goods, services, jobs and kinship flowing through the city. I feel that this is appropriate to post because it really has changed how people in major cities get everyday stuff done, and has become a bit of a cultural phenomenon in recent years.

http://columbia.craigslist.org/

Not much there yet; I don't think many people know it exists.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived