• Little Rock, AR
    • Sarasota, FL
    • St. Petersburg, FL
    • Tulsa, OK
    • Winston-Salem, NC

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you that weren't happy that your city wasn't included on the small city poll check out this mid-level city poll http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...pic=7972&st=210

The adjustments that I would make to it is remove Charlotte, Knoxville, & Lexington and add Austin, Norfolk, Oklahoma City, New Orleans, and maybe Fort Worth. That should be about all metros that are roughly between 1-1.5 mil. Just my suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For those of you that weren't happy that your city wasn't included on the small city poll check out this mid-level city poll http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...pic=7972&st=210

The adjustments that I would make to it is remove Charlotte, Knoxville, & Lexington and add Austin, Norfolk, Oklahoma City, New Orleans, and maybe Fort Worth. That should be about all metros that are roughly between 1-1.5 mil. Just my suggestion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that would be a good idea as well.

• 2 months later...

i dont think OK is considered the south anywayz...isnt it more midwest?

Yeah, Oklahoma is generally considered to be Southwest or Midwest, depending on what part of the state you are in. Oklahoma City is more Southwestern and Tulsa is more Midwestern. I don't really know where the idea that Oklahoma is Southern came from.

i dont think OK is considered the south anywayz...isnt it more midwest?

If you have to put it in one classification, it's deninitely Southwest. Most of the state is Western, in terms of terrain, culture, etc. I don't see how it could be considered Midwestern. Consider the main cities of that region: Chicago, Detroit, Minneapolis, and others. Oklahoma City and Tulsa are Western, especially considering that they're oil towns. However, the eastern part of Oklahoma, especially the southeastern part, which is called "Little Dixie," does have a Southern culture. That part of Oklahoma is also the part with the most vegetation and hills.

Some people say Tulsa is the only "Southern" city in Oklahoma. I definantly don't see how this state fits into the midwestern category. In the eastern part of the state it might as well be Arkansas with all the lowlands.

What? Eastern Oklahoma is the portion of the state with hilly terrain, and Western Arkansas is mountainous with the Ozark and Ouachita ranges. Now, the eastern half of Arkansas, which is in the Delta, is certainly a lowland area.

• 3 weeks later...

1 New York City 8,084,316 818

2 Toronto 2,481,494 431

3 Vancouver 545,671 345

4 Chicago 2,896,016 329

5 Los Angeles 3,807,400 329

6 Kansas City 441,545 190

7 Houston 1,953,631 182

8 Minneapolis 382,618 181

9 Ottawa 774,072 179

10 Las Vegas 517,017 166

11 Victoria 74,125 159

12 Atlanta 424,868 152

13 Calgary 951,395 148

14 Montr

St.Petersburg its fairly urban and has bounced back compared to the hole the downtown was in the early 90's and just wait a little bit our skyline will soon be up there with the mid sized cities.

Current:

St.jpg

Great skyline shot! I just wish my hometown had several of the buildings in your skyline. They need to add something to the bland midrises that DT has.

I do not like that ranking.

They have KC @ 6 !!!! Why is that.

Not to mention Harrisburg abpve cities liek Denver and Charlotte. I think W-S blows Harrisburg out of the water.

I thought it was also comical how they had LA at number 5 ! This city is huge in population but their skyline leave little to be desired. In being compared to cities like NYC and Chicago their is no comparison.

A2

They are ranking this ahead of cities like Houston and Minneapolis. You have got to be kidding :rofl:

KC:

skyline.jpg

ahead of say this

Houston:

Downtown%20Skyline%20-%20Commerce%20Towers.jpg

skylineweb.jpg

Archived