• Baltimore
    • Charlotte
    • Orlando
    • San Antonio
    • Tampa

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From skyline alone, this is an easy win for Charlotte. I generally care more about street level, though which basically reverses my order of skyline goodness.

Skyline:

1. Charlotte

2. Tampa

3. Orlando

4. Baltimore

5. San Antonio

Street-Level

1. Baltimore

2. Orlando (tied)

2. San Antonio (tied)

4. Charlotte

5. Tampa

From skyline alone, this is an easy win for Charlotte.  I generally care more about street level, though which basically reverses my order of skyline goodness.

Skyline:

1. Charlotte

2. Tampa

3. Orlando

4. Baltimore

5. San Antonio

Street-Level

1. Baltimore

2. Orlando (tied)

2. San Antonio (tied)

4. Charlotte

5. Tampa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that would have been a better poll, this one didn't work out too well.

I agree with your street level rankings though.

i just don't see it's downtown being on the same level as these much larger cities.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The poll is for MSAs with population between 1.5 million and 3 million. Orlando belongs on the poll with that regard. Keep in mind that the Orlando MSA is larger than both Charlotte and San Antonio. Skyline-wise, it is competitive with Baltimore and better (IMO) that San Antonio. The real question is why is Charlotte on the poll, as its skyline is clearly in a different league from the others.

The poll is for MSAs with population between 1.5 million and 3 million.  Orlando belongs on the poll with that regard.  Keep in mind that the Orlando MSA is larger than both Charlotte and San Antonio.  Skyline-wise, it is competitive with Baltimore and better (IMO) that San Antonio.  The real question is why is Charlotte on the poll, as its skyline is clearly in a different league from the others.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well doesn't charlotte meet the msa requirement of 1.5 million to 3 million people if that's the only requirement being used?

Well so does Orlando. In fact, as pointed out, it's not the smallest city on the poll. So what's the difference?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's what i'm saying, there isn't a difference. charlotte simply has the bigger skyline. my point was that orlando's skyline doesn't really come close to competeing with charlotte's. that's just my opinion though.

^ I think we're all in agreement and saying the same thing, in as many words. Charlotte is clearly the winner in this poll, as evidenced by the results. I think F-L-A and I were just confused as to why you singled out Orlando, when its skyline is quite comparable to Baltimore and San Antonio (and to some people, Tampa).

^ I think we're all in agreement and saying the same thing, in as many words.  Charlotte is clearly the winner in this poll, as evidenced by the results.  I think F-L-A and I were just confused as to why you singled out Orlando, when its skyline is quite comparable to Baltimore and San Antonio (and to some people, Tampa).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah. i read the poll wrong. i didn't see the msa thing at first. my bad. you're right about it being comparable to san antonio and baltimore.

Why is Baltimore on this list?  Baltimore is not in the South.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That depends on where you draw the line. Traditionally, the Mason-Dixon line was the dividing point, which would make Baltimore a Southern city. I agree with you though- its not generally a Southern city these days.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived