Best Mid-Major Skyline  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Best Mid-Major Skyline

• Baltimore
    • Charlotte
    • Orlando
    • San Antonio
    • Tampa

These polls are getting sort of silly doncha think? Too specific? It appears people are trying to continue to offer up "skyline" polls with specific criteria and hand selected choices until their city HAS to win.

Maybe I'lls start one that says "North-middle-southern-smaller mid-sized cities whose namesbegin with "N" and end in "E". Think maybe Nashville will win?

How about Southern Gulf Coast cities also on the Mississippi River whose names have two words and one of them is "Orleans". Goodness...New Orleans wins!!!! :D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are things I like and dislike about each city. These polls are becoming a popular city contest. I am sure each city could use a few more improvements to their sky lines. Charlote is getting there, but not yet. It needs some more infill, which is coming. The excitement in Charlotte is great, the chase is fun for

the next new building or project. I am sure it is the same in other cities.

I like the post that gives new project going into a city. The excitement and pride of the poster, who is giving their city's good news, is what I like. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lets do this again in five years and see what happens. :o

By then I think a few other cities will be on the list. As for Baltimore, A northern city for sure, reguardless of the Mason Dixon line. Lets stick to the criteria of the Urban Planet. Remember they have Virginia in the north which if you ask a Virginian would be an insult. :wacko:

There is like a 4 to 1 ratio of Charlotte forumers on this site. I wouldn't dare start something, or even refute what is said, for fear of complete and total destruction. LOL!!!!

Sorry, but Charlotte is the best skyline on that list...and no im not from Charlotte.

San Antonio.....needs more height but good density (working on it)

Tampa.....good height but needs to increase density (working on both)

Orlando....needs additional density and height (working on both...rather quickly)

Charlotte...good height but needs more density (working on both)

So, my answer is Baltimore...good height (not the most glamorous) and very dense (inner harbor area is incredible). By design, Baltimore is a NE city as nothing looks similar to it in the south (maybe Richmond). They have rowhouses with no porches (essentially could fall out the door into the street) versus most other rowhouses in DC and other Midwest/NE cities.

Orlando....needs additional density and height (working on both...rather quickly)

So, my answer is Baltimore...good height (not the most glamorous) and very dense (inner harbor area is incredible). By design, Baltimore is a NE city as nothing looks similar to it in the south (maybe Richmond). They have rowhouses with no porches (essentially could fall out the door into the street) versus most other rowhouses in DC and other Midwest/NE cities.

I dont think that Orlando will be getting much more height due to restrictions by the FAA. Perhaps if they relax the regulations or close the Orlando Executive Airport then we could see something, but I doubt either would happen for awhile.

I like your analysis. I would have to agree, among the cities listed, that Baltimore is best today. That could easily change in the near future, however.

• 2 months later...

Okay, how about this....I move to Tennessee, then tell you AGAIN, that Charlotte still has the best skyline on this list. LOL!!!

Oh stop gloating over one building. <_< Take away BOA and Charlotte is just like Nashville, Jacksonville, Tampa, etc. And lookout because Jax is planning a supertall (don't know how tall but 60-70 floors is what is rumored). Nashville's Signature keeps adding units and no doubt will top 900 feet and knock BOA off the throne for tallest mid-sized city skyscraper. I just hope Nashville and Jacksonville don't hang their entire worthiness as a contendor for real city on having a really tall one like "some" Charlotte people seem to.

Why do people wish to post the worst shot of nashville. that shot doesnt show anything.

You need to post the shot coming from the north of town or the west of town and also

a shot that will include west end. Go to the Nashville forum and check out some real photos

of nashville from nashvillians.LOL <_<

Oh stop gloating over one building. <_< Take away BOA and Charlotte is just like Nashville, Jacksonville, Tampa, etc. And lookout because Jax is planning a supertall (don't know how tall but 60-70 floors is what is rumored). Nashville's Signature keeps adding units and no doubt will top 900 feet and knock BOA off the throne for tallest mid-sized city skyscraper. I just hope Nashville and Jacksonville don't hang their entire worthiness as a contendor for real city on having a really tall one like "some" Charlotte people seem to.

You actually had to reply to something I said 3 months ago! And by the way, when you say "take away BOA..." what the hech are you talking about, the building is there, so there is no need to take it away, thats like saying if you take away batman from Nashville the skyline wouldn't be as good, that doesnt make any sense because the buildings are already there, they have been for a while, so get over it, and stop trying to start arguments about how sig might top BOA, who cares man, obviously no one but you. Charlotte people really dont give a crap about some building in Nashville that might, oh how did you put it, "take their crown".

You actually had to reply to something I said 3 months ago! And by the way, when you say "take away BOA..." what the hech are you talking about, the building is there, so there is no need to take it away, thats like saying if you take away batman from Nashville the skyline wouldn't be as good, that doesnt make any sense because the buildings are already there, they have been for a while, so get over it, and stop trying to start arguments about how sig might top BOA, who cares man, obviously no one but you. Charlotte people really dont give a crap about some building in Nashville that might, oh how did you put it, "take their crown".

First off, I didn't look at the date...sorry. Secondly, you post about the Charlotte skyline on a thread about best skylines, then when I make an observation, you blast me. I don't mind it and in fact, maybe I had it coming. But don't pretend you don't care if Signature tower tops BOA because you wouldn't be on this forum comparing skylines if you didn't consider the heights and number of yours vs. everyone elses.

Every city has some pride in itself, be it the buildings, the culture, the location, the prosperity. Many Charlotte boosters on here put a lot of emphasis on that one building. So when I say take that away, naturally that isn't literal. It just means without BOA, Charlotte's skyline is equal to Nashville, Jacksonville, Tampa, etc. But you do have it, it is a great building and your skyine is the best of mid-major cities to me for now (although Baltimore actually looks better than I thought).

And though I am partial to Atlanta, it wouldn't suprise me if Charlotte eventually gets the first 1,500 footer in the Southeast. Atlanta has some good projects but they don't have any supertalls planned to my knowledge.

First off, I didn't look at the date...sorry. Secondly, you post about the Charlotte skyline on a thread about best skylines, then when I make an observation, you blast me. I don't mind it and in fact, maybe I had it coming. But don't pretend you don't care if Signature tower tops BOA because you wouldn't be on this forum comparing skylines if you didn't consider the heights and number of yours vs. everyone elses.

Every city has some pride in itself, be it the buildings, the culture, the location, the prosperity. Many Charlotte boosters on here put a lot of emphasis on that one building. So when I say take that away, naturally that isn't literal. It just means without BOA, Charlotte's skyline is equal to Nashville, Jacksonville, Tampa, etc. But you do have it, it is a great building and your skyine is the best of mid-major cities to me for now (although Baltimore actually looks better than I thought).

And though I am partial to Atlanta, it wouldn't suprise me if Charlotte eventually gets the first 1,500 footer in the Southeast. Atlanta has some good projects but they don't have any supertalls planned to my knowledge.

Actually no I dont care if it's taller. If it is then thats awesome for Nashville! And sorry but I dont recall myself comparing numbers with anyone. It's all good though, Im not even from Charlotte, and I myself do consider it to be the best one on that list, and not just because of BOA. Sorry if you felt that I blasted you, my apoligies.

Why do people wish to post the worst shot of nashville. that shot doesnt show anything.

You need to post the shot coming from the north of town or the west of town and also

a shot that will include west end. Go to the Nashville forum and check out some real photos

of nashville from nashvillians.LOL <_<

Well I try......

If people don't see my pics, that is their loss. LOL!!!!! Just kidding.

Archived