Best Mid-Major Skyline  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Best Mid-Major Skyline

• Baltimore
    • Charlotte
    • Orlando
    • San Antonio
    • Tampa

I voted for Tampa... because that skyline is awesome! I agree that it could use more density... They have the talls all clustered together wich gives a great streetlevel view, but some taller towers could be used a little north of the existing talls. They are working on some mid's and the new Trump hotel is going to surpass the Amsouth building by like 5 or 10 feet to become the tallest in the city. I think the skyline is going to be great soon!

other than that, I think baltimore tops the list, with charlotte following it, and Orlando could use more density. San Antonio is beautiful... the towers on the river and around it make a great skyline from the street and from across town. I think they could use some more talls

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for Tampa... because that skyline is awesome! I agree that it could use more density... They have the talls all clustered together wich gives a great streetlevel view, but some taller towers could be used a little north of the existing talls. They are working on some mid's and the new Trump hotel is going to surpass the Amsouth building by like 5 or 10 feet to become the tallest in the city. I think the skyline is going to be great soon!

other than that, I think baltimore tops the list, with charlotte following it, and Orlando could use more density. San Antonio is beautiful... the towers on the river and around it make a great skyline from the street and from across town. I think they could use some more talls

Orlando already have the density it's just they need height.

I'm from a small town near Charlotte so of course I'm biased:) Our family piled in the car at least once a month to drive to Charlotte to shop, and each time was a real thrill. A BIG CITY! YAY!

I've spent time in every city in the poll except San Antonio (never been there unfortunately)

It's quite obvious that Charlotte has a blockbuster skyline that is only going to get even more dramatic as the two 50 floor condos, Wachovia #5, Avenue, Trademark, Berkman, Park, NASCAR Hall of Fame, Ritz Carlton are completed.

On the street level, Charlotte can be dull. On the street level downtown Baltimore tops my list:) So so many great restaurants, antique shops, history at every turn, glitz and grit both, the Aquarium.

Downtown Orlando is also lots of fun. Downtown Orlando is more of a hangout for locals, than tourists. It's lively, fun, pretty, friendly....The skyline definitely looks better in person than in these pics:) It can't compare to Charlotte's of course.

I find downtown Tampa a total disappointment---both skyline and street level appeal. It is boring any way ya look at it. From a distance the skyline looks like a bunch of towers the same size clustered together....on the street level, it is zilch.

Archived