Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miesian Corners

What happened to the lights on One Wachovia?

Just curious if anyone knows why Wachovia got rid of the lights on the terraces of floors 39-42? I understand why they changed the color from green to white, but the outlines on the terraces really made the building's shape stand out.charlotte-skyline-night.jpg

Seems to me that they've NEVER known what color or style they want the exterior lighting to be. It's changed so many times over the years.

Sure wish they'd decide that they need a new signature tower for the HQ.

I remember when they used to have those lights. They were rows of individual bulbs. At certain times, many of them were burned out, which looked bad. My guess is that they got tired of replacing the bulbs to keep it looking decent.

I remember when they used to have those lights.  They were rows of individual bulbs. At certain times, many of them were burned out, which looked bad.  My guess is that they got tired of replacing the bulbs to keep it looking decent.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe they need to upgrade to fiber optics. Then, the buildings could be like that tacky Christmas tree my parents like to put up. Mesmerizing displays of shifting colors :lol: