Geico Commercial

monsoon

Since we are fortunate to have a Grand Rapids section now, I thought I would ask this silly question. Have any of you guys seen the Geico commercial where Grand Rapids is mentioned and if so, what does he mean about the meatloaf? Is this some kind of local joke? B)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am guessing that it means nothing.  On top of that, it looks like they filmed that spot (it cuts out) for each city in which they operate.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've seen that commercial on satellite TV (Which can't send local programming other then local channels), on national broadcasts. Which means people are seeing it outside of GR.

on that note, it could be one of many different Grand Rapids' out there (I think there are 15 cities named Grand Rapids, the second largest being Grand Rapids, MN)

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only Grand Rapidian that doesn't get that commercial. The first time I saw it my wife and I looked at each other with a blank stare.

What's funny is I believe it's somehow supposed to suggest they know their customers and the areas they're from. Maybe they should've done some actual research to find something truely funny about GR.

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only Grand Rapidian that doesn't get that commercial.  The first time I saw it my wife and I looked at each other with a blank stare.

What's funny is I believe it's somehow supposed to suggest they know their customers and the areas they're from.  Maybe they should've done some actual research to find something truely funny about GR.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(Gecko has wooden shoes, and dutch garb on)

"And to the people of Holland I didn't know those were shoes"

Geico: Save up to 15% on auto insurance

that would have been funnier

• 4 weeks later...

Archived