Suggestions

vdogg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhhh how did the Norfolk developments forum turn into a political debate on the press?  Can we please have that kind of stuff in a seperate topic...  I would like to think that there is somewhere we can go without nasty political snipes (from both sides) being thrown into everything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wasn't aware this was occurring. I'll check it out.

Uhhh how did the Norfolk developments forum turn into a political debate on the press?  Can we please have that kind of stuff in a seperate topic...  I would like to think that there is somewhere we can go without nasty political snipes (from both sides) being thrown into everything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, It's amazing how quickly things can go south in a matter of just a few hours. The offending posts have been deleted because there is really no place within the Virginia forum that is appropriate for this topic. While we at UP do not encourage political discussion, if you absolutely must engage in it here is the appropriate forum. Coffee House

I wasn't making a political comment i was stating the fact of why the press is not responding to the positive improvements downtown.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When you throw in "conservative" this or "liberal" that you are making a political statement whether you intend to or not. I have no problem with you stating your views but please do so in the appropriate forum. From what i could tell the last two pages of the development thread had devolved into a bunch of bickering that was not in keeping with the character or intentions of this site. It is nothing against you rus, everyone was engaging in it. I just took what actions i deemed necessary to steer the topic back on track and ensure that everyone as a whole understands what will, and will not be tolerated on this site.

• 1 year later...

I have a suggestion, I think that Richmond should make Henrico county its own forum. or Richmond should link with the hampton roads forum.

As far as Henrico is concerned, Richmond isn't really my territory any more, that would really be a decision between urbanvb and Coupe. As for adding Richmond to the HR forum, I would be opposed to that. The reason we split Richmond and HR to begin with is because things had gotten so busy as to be unmanageable. With posting rates and membership only increasing in Richmond, collapsing it back into HR would simply be infeasible. Richmond needs their own forum and vice versa. Besides, I think we would face full on forumer revolt if this happened. :ph34r:

Where do i go to talk with urbanvb and coupe and is it possible to make Tri-Cities its own, or just have a forum for Richmond Suburbs (Ashland, Chester, Short Pump, Mechanicsville, or Midlothian. And is it possible for me to make one for the region?

At this point, I don't think that there is the need for a new subforum specifically for the tri-cities area (Hopewell, Colonial Heights, and Petersburg). While the area is transforming, I don't think there is enough happening there to warrant a new forum. Perhaps when the impact from the troop increases at Fort Lee is felt in the area....

I's also be opposed to a just Henrico County forum. I'm not sure if there is anywhere else on UP where a county next to a major city has its own section, and I don't think Henrico is really an exception to that.

We could have some projects make some freakin' announcements or give more details! :lol:

:lol: We're all in the same boat on that one. We have several projects that seem to have taken up eternal residence in that limbo known as "the predevelopment phase". Don't worry, lulls like this are normal and then all of a sudden the floodgates open and you have more announcements than you can handle. :)

We could make a topic for richmond on the home8 project and the community redevelopment program we just need more details. I'll try to find so on that shopping center coming to the east end too.

Also we need a coffe house usless the off topic thing is it.

And a topic maybe just about the fan, shockoe bottom and slip or carytown. and also I found out the eryle proprity or whatever may be use for residential perposses, well that what I saw on the river district or canal walk website.

And we need something like what they have for the south forum a poll to rate parts of the city and things like that if its possible tell me and tell me can we do this for Richmond and if not just Richmond Roanoke and HR?

And we need something like what they have for the south forum a poll to rate parts of the city and things like that if its possible tell me and tell me can we do this for Richmond and if not just Richmond Roanoke and HR?

Well the "poll" section of the south is actually just a general discussion section for USA south that has been overrun with polls. :lol: To my knowledge that is the only region we have done that for and I believe it was due to the fact that there were so many polls and general discussion topics that they just needed a way to organize it all. You can create a poll at any time in any forum if you so wish, however. You do not have to confine it to a particular designated area.

:lol: We're all in the same boat on that one. We have several projects that seem to have taken up eternal residence in that limbo known as "the predevelopment phase". Don't worry, lulls like this are normal and then all of a sudden the floodgates open and you have more announcements than you can handle. :)

Im on the other side of that floodgate waiting with swim trunks and a surf board :D

Archived