Union Square

If you were to look into other condos in the city the $350 wouldn't be that unreasonable.  There are many other places that have dues much higher than that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Plan on $0.25/mo per square foot of living space. That's what I was told.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never heard of that before but that works out to about exactly what I am paying for my condo.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it said that on the website somewhere and that's also what Brad told me to figure on. Unfortunately I've decided not to go through with the purchase.

I think it said that on the website somewhere and that's also what Brad told me to figure on.  Unfortunately I've decided not to go through with the purchase.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what stopped you? i have my ear to the streets and they are saying rooks is trying to dump the project or add 2 more floors to the building on top....what the hell? that kills it for me, takes away from the character of the building.

al green attanded school there at union or a while...the rev. wouldnt stand for that..

%7Boption%7D

what stopped you? i have my ear to the streets and they are saying rooks is trying to dump the project or add 2 more floors to the building on top....what the hell? that kills it for me, takes away from the character of the building.

al green attanded school there at union or a while...the rev. wouldnt stand for that..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The main reason that I decided not to do it was financial. The tax breaks are great and the interest rate break is great too, but I still am not sold on the idea.

They are going to add two floors to the top I guess. That's what Brad (the selling agent) told my fiance and I when he showed us around. I'm waiting for someone to tell me what ammenities they got and what square footage and what they paid for it. The selling agreements are being signed this month. If anyone on this board is really buying a place there, I'm really curious.

I hope whatever they do isn't nasty. I could see one level on the roof (ala Jonathan Rooks personal swanky pad) serving as the rec area, fitness facility and access to the Gym, but two?

He seems to turn projects into gold, so I am hoping for the best. The Westside needs about 5 more anchors like this to steady the ship and make it a desirable area.

Joe

If anyone is considering backing out with a priority of 75 or less I will give you a $1000 for your spot. This property is personally valuable to me for personal reasons, not investment property ( although a nice possible benefit ). Brad would have to be consulted first. I am 172 and you could have my spot. If interested, contact me directly. [email protected]. Subject- unionsquare

If anyone is considering backing out with a priority of 75 or less I will give you a $1000 for your spot. This property is personally valuable to me for personal reasons, not investment property ( although a nice possible benefit ). Brad would have to be consulted first. I am 172 and you could have my spot. If interested, contact me directly. [email protected]. Subject- unionsquare

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What are the chances that there aren't really 171 people in front of you? Making the list seem longer might increase interest. I'm sure I'm wrong, but just a little idea I had.

yeah, i saw that and wondered... were all of these units already sold out? if thats the case I would have been mightly impressed.

to compare the icon on bond is at 17/119

and the last figures for riverhouse were around 70/180

but what twoshort stated made sense.

yeah, i saw that and wondered... were all of these units already sold out? if thats the case I would have been mightly impressed.

to compare the icon on bond is at 17/119

and the last figures for riverhouse were around 70/180

but what twoshort stated made sense.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He may have 172 on a list but it is only a reservation list with a $1000 refundable deposit. The true test will be when he turns the reservations into binding purchase agreements. I'm sure there will be many people that back out and decide not to go through with it.

Does anyone know what res# they are at for signing purchase agreements?  I'm in the hundreds but I haven't heard from Brad yet about a date to go in there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I spoke with him today he said they were just starting and had 'done a few' last week. What number are you?

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting rendering on the front page of the GR Press Business section for a new request to add two more floors to the building. Jon Rooks is asking for approval to add more units due to high demand. That place will look wild from the expressway :blink: and will be 85' high. Can anyone scan the image and post it here, or get your hands on one from the developer?

I hope whatever they do isn't nasty. I could see one level on the roof (ala Jonathan Rooks personal swanky pad) serving as the rec area, fitness facility and access to the Gym, but two?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They could make it the topless deck like on a cruise ship. It would make getting on 196 more interesting.

Nitro

Good idea. ;)

I took a look at the rendering and it is an interesting mix of old and new. The project would mean 160 condominiums for Union Square. I like the building as it is, but I am all for more downtown living. Funky additions and all (it actually looks pretty cool).

Joe

They could make it the topless deck like on a cruise ship.  It would make getting on 196 more interesting.

Nitro

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The new addition just does not fit.  They would have been better off just buying a neighboring block and building another building.  The city would be happy to get rid of some of those homes down there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I talked to Brad he said they did own most of the houses facing the building, if not the whole neighboring block. And I agree, when I was taking the tour of the building I saw the actual drawing of the addition (I assume you're talking about the big glass thing on top) and it looks out of place.

Wasn't someone here buying a condo there?? How did it go?

For those of you who don't get the GR Press and are just screaming for a photo:

154564E0D9CE11D99FDD163618F73B1D.jpg

I think the added floors are very bold and will look awesome/wild from 131. It will shock the Chicagoans heading North next summer, as will construction well under way on River House and the Marriot ;)

Archived