Union Square

Good mawning, everyone!

Anybody know what reservation number we are at today? Last I heard it was around #172 and that was last week.

I am checking out Hillmount after work today.

Thanks.

Budgie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My husband and I signed papers for unit today, I was #170, Brad said they are at around #180

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how are they dividing up the additional two stories on Union Square? Are the available for purchase yet? Are the additional stories going to change anything like nixing the rooftop pool?

I drove by it tonight and the new floors will have a very cool view. The traffic might be a bit loud though...

Joe

So how are they dividing up the additional two stories on Union Square? Are the available for purchase yet? Are the additional stories going to change anything like nixing the rooftop pool?

I drove by it tonight and the new floors will have a very cool view. The traffic might be a bit loud though...

Joe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They have approval for the additional penthouse units. They will still have the pool with sun deck. I was on the roof today and the view is great. The windows provide sound reduction and are amazingly quiet.

Good mawning, everyone!

Anybody know what reservation number we are at today? Last I heard it was around #172 and that was last week.

I am checking out Hillmount after work today.

Thanks.

Budgie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Budgie,

How was Hillmount? I haven't been in that building in 8 or so years. Are there tax benefits involved?

Also, what's your reservation number for Union Square? I'm 206.

Mandy

Budgie,

How was Hillmount? I haven't been in that building in 8 or so years. Are there tax benefits involved?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are no tax benefits according to acarlton. It's their prices that make the units so affordable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

194. (It's a slow day and so I did a quick search for it, HA.)

Budgie,

Mandy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, Mandy:

Hillmount is a totally different animal. Very retro (at least that's how they had the models decorated). LOVED the windows! But it was kind of hard to visualize how the hallways and the elevators will be redone.

And then there is the furniture factor. There is this one guy who thinks I'm nuts (and he's not the first :rofl: ), but the elevators at Hillmount will not accommodate the pieces I have (they're huge).

Ceilings are not nearly as high as those at Union Square, but as I said, it is a totally different feel altogether. You ought to check it out!

No tax benefits, but the low prices seem to make up for that. Plus you can pretty much configure your unit by joining w/adjacent rooms and/or going through the ceiling to a room above to create a loft.

But it was hard for them to say what sort of price we would be talking about here, i.e., loft.

I wish Union Square was in Heritage Hill w/tax benefits! Alas.

I am #194 on the Union Square list.

Budgie

Joe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Joe

If you haven't toured it yet, you have to go. Even if you don't buy, it is quite a trip :D The view from the proposed deck looking South is great! And actually, I hardly heard any traffic noise (except outside on the rooftop obviously, but not bad).

Jeff

Is that the one that you come down the stairs once you enter your front door?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, elevator up and unit has a spiral staircase. I love the chalk boards, cabinets, etc in my unit, too cool for words

Georgia

My husband and I signed papers for unit today, I was #170, Brad said they are at around #180

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gat -

How did you feel about the purchase agreement language? Anything stick out at you? The thing that scares me is that there is no specific time for completion of the project, just an estimated time of completion. Has anyone else had a chance to review the purchase agreement or other documents? Thoughts/concerns?

Well, you can read my comments about the purchase agreement on a prior page.  There are a few reasons I didn't go through with the purchase.  Gat, I hope you've read about/discussed that the lofts on the 4th floor come unfinished before you commit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has anyone heard anything re the acoustics of this place? Will it be noisy? I've heard that the traffic is not an issue, but I wonder about how easy it will be to hear noise in adjoining units, hallways, etc.

B.

Has anyone heard anything re the acoustics of this place? Will it be noisy? I've heard that the traffic is not an issue, but I wonder about how easy it will be to hear noise in adjoining units, hallways, etc.

B.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well it was a school, so I imagine outside noises will be as quiet as possible.

Well, you can read my comments about the purchase agreement on a prior page.  There are a few reasons I didn't go through with the purchase.  Gat, I hope you've read about/discussed that the lofts on the 4th floor come unfinished before you commit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am well informed of all that is in the contract. I do not have a problem with the completion date. We have looked at several new condo developments in Chicago and they are almost sold out with a completion time of 2007.

Georgia

First, i want to say thanks for everybody's insight on this topic as you've helped me out a lot in my research on this development. I stumbled upon this forum by way of a google search for Union Square and I learned more here than anywhere else on the net.

Having said that, I was 196 on the list and had a number of units to choose from. My wife and I sat down with Brad, and of the 10 or so units she had in mind, almost all of them were available. After looking at them and some discussion on our end, we decided on one we liked and just signed for it yesterday. Hopefully I'll meet some of you folks when you're my new neighbors!

First, i want to say thanks for everybody's insight on this topic as you've helped me out a lot in my research on this development.  I stumbled upon this forum by way of a google search for Union Square and I learned more here than anywhere else on the net.

Having said that, I was 196 on the list and had a number of units to choose from.  My wife and I sat down with Brad, and of the 10 or so units she had in mind, almost all of them were available.  After looking at them and some discussion on our end, we decided on one we liked and just signed for it yesterday.  Hopefully I'll meet some of you folks when you're my new neighbors!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome Luma! Stick around and feel free to contribute ;)

That is great Luma. How many units were still available? Did they give you a timeline for construction?

Joe

First, i want to say thanks for everybody's insight on this topic as you've helped me out a lot in my research on this development.  I stumbled upon this forum by way of a google search for Union Square and I learned more here than anywhere else on the net.

Having said that, I was 196 on the list and had a number of units to choose from.  My wife and I sat down with Brad, and of the 10 or so units she had in mind, almost all of them were available.  After looking at them and some discussion on our end, we decided on one we liked and just signed for it yesterday.  Hopefully I'll meet some of you folks when you're my new neighbors!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is great Luma. How many units were still available? Did they give you a timeline for construction?

Joe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not certain how many units in total are available. The floor plans on their website (here) indicates which units have been sold for sure, but it's not entirely up-to-date. I'm sure a quick call might settle that question. Currently they are building out from the top floor down. As I'm on the 1st floor (a yard was a must), my unit won't be completed until July-August of next year. If I recall correctly, the 4th floor units may be ready for occupancy by March of next year.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a proud condo owner! When Brad called to set up our meeting my roommate and I had picked about five from the website that we thought would work for us. By the time we were actually able to make our selection only one was left! We thought it was our last choice but after walking down and checking out the built in cabinet that we will retain we've decided that it should have been our first choice anyway.

Has anyone else recently made a selection?

Archived