Charlotte School of Law

UptownGrrl

Cool deal...thanks for the update.

Looks like the announcement on the location was just announced. It will be in Bryant Park on Wilkinson Blvd on the site of the Radiator Specialty Co. I saw a week or so ago that they received the demo permit for the existing building on site and was surprised to see them moving ahead with an "office" building w/o an anchor tenet. Well now with the announcement of Charlotte School of Law moving there it all makes sense.

I think that their locating at this site will really be a catalyst to revamp the area and make it something special.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool deal...thanks for the update.

Looks like the announcement on the location was just announced. It will be in Bryant Park on Wilkinson Blvd on the site of the Radiator Specialty Co. I saw a week or so ago that they received the demo permit for the existing building on site and was surprised to see them moving ahead with an "office" building w/o an anchor tenet. Well now with the announcement of Charlotte School of Law moving there it all makes sense.

I think that their locating at this site will really be a catalyst to revamp the area and make it something special.

Thanks, Metro. This just in today's Observer online. The school will be the anchor for a new $250 million revitalization project:

Charlotte School of Law picks west side site

Choice seen as 'anchor for future development' on Wilkinson Boulevard

DOUG SMITH

Business Columnist

The Charlotte School of Law is helping launch a redevelopment that could attract more homes, businesses and services to the western edge of the center city.

812-0623smithcol.standalone.prod_affiliate.57.jpg

Because I sort of like this building, I thought it would be nice to have the rendering displayed here.

IS it just me, or does this look just like J&W's building after a bunch of conservative lawyers got to share their input.

I DON'T like what appears to be a large lawn in front of this building, instead of a landscaped plaza.

I like the building myself and I don't mind the large lawn, studying/lounging law students could make good use of it, though it should transition into a walkway skirting the building which does not appear to be there, and possibly a few more trees to provide shade and a 'backrest'.

• 1 month later...

The new building looks fantastic, but I personally like its present location better--it's literally around the corner (hence, my post name)! The new location is really not that far away from center city, and though the location may be a little rough right this second, I think that it will help encourage revitalization in that area. I'm considering applying but would love a little more feedback from any students. Since it's so new and is not affiliated with a major local campus, would it hurt my chances of getting the best job for my needs if I were to go there as opposed to Carolina, Wake, Duke, etc? Thanks in advance for anyone's help with my questions!!

812-0623smithcol.standalone.prod_affiliate.57.jpg

Because I sort of like this building, I thought it would be nice to have the rendering displayed here.

IS it just me, or does this look just like J&W's building after a bunch of conservative lawyers got to share their input.

I DON'T like what appears to be a large lawn in front of this building, instead of a landscaped plaza.

The new building looks fantastic, but I personally like its present location better--it's literally around the corner (hence, my post name)! The new location is really not that far away from center city, and though the location may be a little rough right this second, I think that it will help encourage revitalization in that area. I'm considering applying but would love a little more feedback from any students. Since it's so new and is not affiliated with a major local campus, would it hurt my chances of getting the best job for my needs if I were to go there as opposed to Carolina, Wake, Duke, etc? Thanks in advance for anyone's help with my questions!!

Hi Adam,

Thank you so much for the invaluable feedback & for taking the time to share your experiences. I think that I need to take a tour soon and contact current students. I have met with several lawyers here in Charlotte (one is a Federal Court judge), and my father is a real estate attorney here in town. I am somewhat at a crossroads in my life, and if there is any time that would be good for me to go to law school, it would be in the next year...taking the Kaplan study course would be my next move before taking the LSAT in December. Do you know if the school allows prospective students to attend a class or two? I'll check out their website for further info., but if you have any recommendations, please let me know!! Many thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

BW

Hi Adam,

Thank you so much for the invaluable feedback & for taking the time to share your experiences. I think that I need to take a tour soon and contact current students. I have met with several lawyers here in Charlotte (one is a Federal Court judge), and my father is a real estate attorney here in town. I am somewhat at a crossroads in my life, and if there is any time that would be good for me to go to law school, it would be in the next year...taking the Kaplan study course would be my next move before taking the LSAT in December. Do you know if the school allows prospective students to attend a class or two? I'll check out their website for further info., but if you have any recommendations, please let me know!! Many thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

BW

[email protected]

• 9 months later...

I work on Morehead In the old Coke Building and I have since 1997. Yes your location is a bit diconnected but the transformation of this corridor has only sped up the last few years, I believe you will be in a great area very shortly. We were very excited to see this development become a reality and look forward to what it will bring.

Just down the street from the new Law School Building Meca Properties & Doerre Construction are redoing the Dye Stuff Building and moving both of there offices there. Meca Properties is the Realestate

company that started South Ends Redevelopment.

There is also plans for a new Private School off West Morehead, from the same people that did Trinity school in 4th Ward.

By fall they should be starting on a new apartment building at Julian Price Place / Millerton St ( to be renamed Bryant Park Drive, this will be the new road that connects to Wilkinson Blvd. ) on West Morehead St. 8 story building ( 4 levels deck, 4 levels Apartment with aminity decks overlooking uptown. )

• 1 month later...

I took this exit by mistake when I wasn't thinking and ended up at the Charlotte School of Law. The building isn't the most impressive, but the view is to die for... Check out the skyline views I will post in the Photo of the Day thread and/or skyline thread after I load 'em.

07-11-08002.jpg

07-11-08003.jpg

07-11-08004.jpg

Archived