Richmond Developments

Cotuit

1 hour ago, Brent114 said:

Virginia Lottery is putting up some signs on the old Bell Atlantic/ Verizon building.  

Makes the building look updated (at least at night). 

It’s not so unless there are pics to prove it!  LOL!  Just kidding, but a pic would be cool to see.  Love to hear anything that makes that building look more modern!

39 minutes ago, Icetera said:

I figured he was referring to the 703 E. Grace Verizon building:

Capture.JPG

Oh, there is no way to make that building look any better other than light a stick of dynamite underneath it.  This is the one building downtown that is just so ugly that it almost broke my camera lens when I took a photo of it once!

• Haha 1

Top Golf coming to Richmond (in Henrico) near Scott’s Addition (west side of I-195 next to Acca Yard):

2308 Westwood Ave
Richmond, VA  23230

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/henrico/henrico-tees-up-three-story-golf-entertainment-complex-near-scott/article_5ad344e1-3fce-507e-a796-072e2892239e.html

This will be the second type of facility in the Richmond area. The other is planned next to the 288/I-64 interchange...also in Henrico.

Edited by eandslee
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, RiverYuppy said:

Hourigan buys big on the Southside.

Hopefully it will improve the curb appeal of South Richmond from 95 and provide some new jobs for the area.

Me too, but I'm not sure how a large industrial warehouse does that.  I agree though - something needs to be done about the curb appeal of the I-95 corridor going through Richmond.  So many people gain an opinion of Richmond by traveling I-95.  I know it's not fair, but it's the truth!  I have been wanting a curb appeal upgrade for years, but nothing happens.  Despite how junky it looks now, it was much worse when I was a kid (if you can believe it).

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Brent114 said:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2017/12/21/whole-foods-demo-spills-rest-sauer-center/

Here’s some intesrting info on the Sauer development.

Plans call for a 10 and 8 floor apartment buildings and  a 6 story parking garage... and lots of ugly surface parking too (but that was expected).

This is going to be a game changer for the Broad/Hermitage corridor.  Hermitage Road has a lot of development potential, especially with regards to the Diamond site's eventual redevelopment.  Perhaps everything south of I-64 is fated to be vibrant, highly desirable neighborhoods.

I did not realize that there would be ten and eight story apartment buildings -- that is a major increase in density.  Perhaps, we can attribute some of this to the Pulse's anticipated arrival?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brent114 said:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2017/12/21/whole-foods-demo-spills-rest-sauer-center/

Here’s some intesrting info on the Sauer development.

Plans call for a 10 and 8 floor apartment buildings and  a 6 story parking garage... and lots of ugly surface parking too (but that was expected).

Thankfully they are also kind of restoring parts of the street-grid, so I am not completely hating the surface parking.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Brent114 said:

Anyone know what cooking on Marshall Street? 

This is around 12 West Marshall Street. 

I thought at first that they were just making parking lot updates but a fence is going up and there’s a construction trailer.  

EC910061-4CC1-43E8-A88A-D118CD0475C6.jpeg

There is supposed to be a 5 story apartment building going there, though I forget the details.

• Like 2

Very happy about both of these projects, especially the Church Hill grocery store. The tenant for that, Jim's Local Market, dropped out earlier this year which scared me. However it looks like Markel is just going open his own independent store as they announced the hiring of a general manager a few months ago.