Cotuit

Richmond Developments

This is great news.  

I vaguely remember the apartment building that was on this lot.  It was abandoned the entire time that I was at VCU and was demolished in the mid 90's. 

The old apartment building was attractive, it was a 3-4 floor Tudor building.  I can't believe it has taken so long to redevelop such a prime spot. 

Edited by Brent114

Existing zoning allows the Grace Street building to be built by right – as well as twice as high as the team is proposing, Papa noted. But he said they’re sticking with six stories because they want the building to fit with the neighborhood.

Argh. Frustrating, but respect to them for avoiding the height arguments from the neighbors. Maybe the project will move a little quicker because of it.

Just wondering, anyone been down by the 1903 E Marshall St construction site? Anything going on with that project? Was always looking forward to that one, fills a major gap in Shockoe Bottom along with Valley West.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RVA-Is-The-Best said:

Just wondering, anyone been down by the 1903 E Marshall St construction site? Anything going on with that project? Was always looking forward to that one, fills a major gap in Shockoe Bottom along with Valley West.

I drive by every morning, it's coming along, I'll try and snap some pictures of the goings on in Shockoe this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2