Richmond Developments

Cotuit

2 hours ago, Brent114 said:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2018/09/07/mixed-use-development-rolling-jackson-ward/

Jackson Ward is about to blow up.  This is in addition to the project currently underway. 

Great news for Jackson Ward and the city, this will make that stretch of 95/64 look much better and give much needed infill. Hopefully this keeps up and we will start to see developments like this creep across the interstate into Gilpin (and Gilpin Court will hopefully be leveled and replaced). 

• Like 2

I’m glad to see this finally happening. 

I suspected a few weeks ago that the fence around the property had changed.  It felt like something was afoot but I just chalked it up to wishful thinking.   This was announced so long ago that I thought it was dead. Super happy that it isn’t!  Go Pulse! 

18 minutes ago, Brent114 said:

I’m glad to see this finally happening. 

I suspected a few weeks ago that the fence around the property had changed.  It felt like something was afoot but I just chalked it up to wishful thinking.   This was announced so long ago that I thought it was dead. Super happy that it isn’t!  Go Pulse! 

Just wish the developer would build something that is more in line with a quality density development.  Also, word on the street is that this developer is also notorious for developments that aren’t so nice looking (for lack of better phrasing).

Well they are out of Virginia Beach, so I am anticipating some  suburban looking stuff, hopefully behind those existing  (renovated) buildings that are actually pretty cool. 

I haven't read the new update but I seem to recall something like 500 residents on this site.  That’s cool.  

Edited by Brent114
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brent114 said:

Well they are out of Virginia Beach, so I am anticipating some  suburban looking stuff, hopefully behind those existing  (renovated) buildings that are actually pretty cool. 

I haven't read the new update but I seem to recall something like 500 residents on this site.  That’s cool.  

Their architecture is usually about as bland as possible. Look at their website. Nothing inspiring. 

• Like 1

Ugh.  I just read that they are demolishing the existing buildings.  Those are great buildings.  I hate to see them replaced with something with vinyl siding and brick veneer. 

I guess if there is some  ground floor retail they should at least be built to the sidewalk...

It’s progress along a stretch of Broad that hasn’t seen any interest in 30 years.  I’ll take it I guess. 

6 hours ago, Brent114 said:

Ugh.  I just read that they are demolishing the existing buildings.  Those are great buildings.  I hate to see them replaced with something with vinyl siding and brick veneer. 

I guess if there is some  ground floor retail they should at least be built to the sidewalk...

It’s progress along a stretch of Broad that hasn’t seen any interest in 30 years.  I’ll take it I guess. 

Just close your eyes and take it.  You have my support.   :D

Edited by Shakman
  • Sad 1