Cotuit

Richmond Developments

Are there renderings or site plans? Because I'm having a hard time visualizing this as well and can't really form an opinion like yall without seeing something. Anything.

Also, quick poll, should I add that Belmont golf course development to the proposed section on the development map. Contemplating it but because it's only a proposal financials are unknown, they're contemplating issuing of bonds, like the whole coliseum development (as of right now according to the Citizen article), but didn't want to add it just yet until it becomes more concrete

Let me know

Edited by RVA-Is-The-Best

50 minutes ago, RVA-Is-The-Best said:

Are there renderings or site plans? Because I'm having a hard time visualizing this as well and can't really form an opinion like yall without seeing something. Anything.

Also, quick poll, should I add that Belmont golf course development to the proposed section on the development map. Contemplating it but because it's only a proposal financials are unknown, they're contemplating issuing of bonds, like the whole coliseum development (as of right now according to the Citizen article), but didn't want to add it just yet until it becomes more concrete

Let me know

I agree with you...I say we hold off until there’s something a little more concrete. They are really still exploring where it will go.  I have a feeling that if they try to put it at the golf course there’s going to be a lot of push back.  One of the other proposals had a great location (just south of I-295 at the I-95 junction) - I thought that would be a super location for this sort of thing. I believe that is Godwin’s property.  That is such a prime piece of land. I’m surprised no one has snatched that one up yet!!

Anyone have Times Dispatch login to see what the ballpark update is - well kinda update.

I have printed Times Dispatch but my online login stopped working.

Also looks like the newly announced Scott’s Addition apartment development will start in the next 30 days or so according to a slightly updated article on the subject.  That’s good news - dirt will be moving in a matter of days!! ;)

• Like 1

Nothing new in article on ballpark really - just that squirrels trust the process and they are hearing all the right things behind the scenes.   Sounds like they are putting together all of the plans and they will be ready to jump on going right to construction once the ABC warehouse moves.  VCU doesn't mess around.

• Like 1

https://richmondbizsense.com/2018/10/29/cohousing-condo-project-break-ground-manchester/

A 'cohousing' condo project for empty lot on Porter St in Manchester. 4 stories, 19 units. Ugly as hell, but still, density and infill are again thumbs up. Another one for the map.

901-2018-09-24-View-1-Cohousing-600x372.

Edited by RVA-Is-The-Best
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, georgeglass said:

Personally, I love it and hope it happens.

Agreed.  I hope that some version of this happens.  Cycling or walking from Manchester to the CBD would be a pretty cool commute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wahoo 07 said:

Agreed.  I hope that some version of this happens.  Cycling or walking from Manchester to the CBD would be a pretty cool commute.

2 hours ago, georgeglass said:

Personally, I love it and hope it happens.

I agree. It's very ambitious, hope it happens but am quite skeptical as to if it will. I hope Richmond continues to focus on the river and enhancing the public park and access there.

• Like 1

I love the guy in the video they interview, the  pedestrian that uses the bridge, he's so genuine and proud of his city - I couldn't agree more with him.

There seems to be a lot of concrete, it would be nice to have less of that, narrower with tree lined walks, I do love the idea in principal.  The existing bridge is wayyyy to wide and was built like Manhattan was on the other side.

Bridge Park.png

Edited by Hike

I too thought that man was the perfect person to interview for this. 

And I too loath all that concrete, and that they want to redesign Kanawha plaza again. 

Edited by Brent114

And I kinda think the whole thing is redundant. I’d rather see the chapel island park happen.  

The Manchester bridge in its current state is dreadful though.  Reimagining it is long overdue. 

• Like 1