Richmond Developments

Cotuit

Thanks for the photo updates!  These are great!!  

This design, on the other hand, isn’t so great. The one thing good about this building is that it’s going to bring more people into the CBD to live.  Remember, this was supposed to be a 22-story glass curtain tower.  Such a wasted prime piece of real estate, but there are plenty more places to build the taller towers - I’m looking at you Monroe Ward!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RVA-Is-The-Best said:

(dum dum dum)

Another lot bites the dust

https://richmondbizsense.com/2019/06/24/developer-interest-surface-parking-lots-picking-steam-downtown/

Apartments are planned, height and number of units still unknown. At the NW corner of South 1st and East Canal streets, across from Matrix Midtown.

Zoning allows for up to 12 stories, however, because the number of units and height is unknown, it could hopefully be more!

It’s a small lot too (only about 2/3rds of an acre) so I’d imagine podium style apartments.  Few floors of parking with apartments above. I don’t mind that if it includes some street level retail and blends the garage into the building.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I agree its a plus for the area.  However, the look is too busy.  It's got alternating levels of brick, perforated metal and juliet balconies (will most likely not even be a real juliet balconies, but a grate over a window).    Either go all brick or all hardiplank and you can alternate paint colors.   Sometimes simple just looks better.

On 10/29/2018 at 10:29 AM, RVA-Is-The-Best said:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2018/10/29/cohousing-condo-project-break-ground-manchester/

A 'cohousing' condo project for empty lot on Porter St in Manchester. 4 stories, 19 units. Ugly as hell, but still, density and infill are again thumbs up. Another one for the map.

901-2018-09-24-View-1-Cohousing-600x372.

Attempted to quote this over to Manchester Development, but there's an updated rendering on their website.

Building Rendering of Richmond Cohousing at 901 Porter Street

https://richmondcohousing.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bill Goodwin entities own a large portion of the vacant lots. I've always thought it to be odd because it detracts from the environment around the Jefferson. They also own the lots near 4th/5th and Cary/Canal.Will they develop in the near term or continue to land bank w/ parking income? Pearsall related entities are finally offloading some of their surface lots for development. The next biggest holder is Bow Tie Partners.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...