Richmond Developments

Cotuit

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints revealed renderings of the temple they plan to build on the corner of Mountain Road and Staples Mill Road in Glen Allen.  Not as big as the one in Salt Lake City, Washington DC, or Philadelphia, but still a good looking structure that is heavily influenced by early American architecture!  I don't have the ability to post the rendering, but here are a few articles that have the renderings included.  I think it's going to look bigger than it does in the renderings in real life - It's going to look really nice and will transform that area!  Beautiful!  Bonus:  everyone will have the chance to go inside and tour the structure right after it is built and before it is dedicated.  Construction should start in the Spring of 2020.

https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org/article/richmond-virginia-temple-renderings-released

https://www.richmond.com/news/local/mormon-church-unveils-renderings-for-henrico-temple-virginia-s-first/article_10f3d164-1bd2-5b81-85a5-8948b2a003d3.html

https://churchofjesuschristtemples.org/richmond-virginia-temple/

Edited by eandslee
  • Like 4

Temple - looks like a great location transportation wise

200 Broad Street Renovation - seems like possibility of seeing a revitalized broad street and grace street all the way from Navy Hill Project through to Arts District.  This one sitting pretty much right in the middle.  Then VCU really pushing revitalization from Monroe Park to Arts District.   Nice to see the return of Broad Street Richmond.

Edited by cbl1
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for finding this. For those of us who don’t have the chance to go to Richmond very often, it’s great to get picture updates to know how the projects are going. So many of these projects look amazing! I love 2500 main is turning out and all the Manchester developments are incredible. Also, something that surprised me is how good the new locks tower is looking. I didn’t think that it would look great in the renderings but having seen the pics, I think it actually looks great.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, rjp212 said:

Noticed a few lots recently cleared around town, that i'm not sure what they are. Thought you all might know:

Peach St Lot at the intersection of Main/Williamsburg.

I have noticed them working at Peach St.  Most likely just a surface lot for now.

56 minutes ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

If you had a nickel for every time the height of a project let you down, you could build a 50 story tower :tw_smiley:

I know, right?!  Why am I always disappointed in the height of buildings being built in Richmond?  Someone start handing over nickels for each of my height disappointments!  We’ll get the tower we deserve then!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, blake_p said:

I finally found a rendering of the canal side:

Canal%20Rendering%20web.jpg?crop=(0,0,30

https://www.thelockstower.com/brochure.aspx?_yTrackUser=NjM1ODE4OTQyIzIxNDExMjEwMTU%3d-DWUS%2b8rsJMc%3d&_yTrackVisit=MTE2MzI3NjQ4MSM0MzYwNTEzMTM%3d-j66xzHXzWc0%3d&_yTrackReqDT=16302220191210#

I can't quite tell what's on the lower level - a bar perhaps(?) - but it's 8 2-bedroom apartments on the canal side of the parking garage.

That would be a great place for a bar.  Now if we can only get rid of the power substation between here and Brown's Island.

• Like 1