Richmond Developments

Cotuit

Work has started on the Interbake building!!! A large sign reading "the Boulevard" in a deco font went up about an hour ago. There will be great views of the Redskins camp from those large windows. I'm sure it will be much easier to lease the place with tat camp in view!

Also, construction fence is up at the corner of Grace and Shafer. Utilities have been disconnected, demolition should start in the next few days!

It's not bad looking a building. I drove by today, still wondering what it was... sorry I missed the answer here previously. It's better than a vacant lot.

I drove by last night. Dare I say its one of the best-looking storage facilities I've seen? I know that's not saying very much, but I think it may be the case.

Work has started on the Interbake building!!! A large sign reading "the Boulevard" in a deco font went up about an hour ago. There will be great views of the Redskins camp from those large windows. I'm sure it will be much easier to lease the place with tat camp in view!

Also, construction fence is up at the corner of Grace and Shafer. Utilities have been disconnected, demolition should start in the next few days!

I noticed the fencing up around Grace and Shafer as well. Glad to see the development starting but I guess I'll have to scout a new commute route.

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2013/03/22/wine-bar-planned-for-former-julians-space/

Apartments on Broad, new houses on Grace Street and a new restaurant. I'm really excited about the Grace Street component of this. Grace is coming back strong from downtown to Boulevard.

Broad between Lombardy and willow lawn really needs some freshing up. This and Interbake, along with all that's going on near 195, are sorely needed and will hopefully que developers to invest in this part of town (VCU can take care of Lombardy to 25th Street).

I drove by last night. Dare I say its one of the best-looking storage facilities I've seen? I know that's not saying very much, but I think it may be the case.

I noticed the fencing up around Grace and Shafer as well. Glad to see the development starting but I guess I'll have to scout a new commute route.

And it is down.  I doubt the construction will have any more impact on your commute than the construction that has already been going on.  I still find Grace to be the better route to the Museum District from downtown than any other.

Also, utilities are being disconnected for BioTech 5 in preparation for an April 1st demolition to make way for Phase 2 of the BioTech 8 expansion.  The tower crane will remain in its current position.

Does anybody know whats going on with the lot (currently parking I believe) beside the Branch House (Virginia Center for Architecture) on Monument Ave? It has a large sign about pending zone change hearing (I think).

I imagine that's probably an extremely valuable plot of land with it being slightly larger than a half of a block's worth of street frontage along a very prime section of Monument among some of the largest, most valuable homes on the street.

Does anybody know whats going on with the lot (currently parking I believe) beside the Branch House (Virginia Center for Architecture) on Monument Ave? It has a large sign about pending zone change hearing (I think).

I imagine that's probably an extremely valuable plot of land with it being slightly larger than a half of a block's worth of street frontage along a very prime section of Monument among some of the largest, most valuable homes on the street.

Nothing particularly exciting:

Project Name: Virginia Center for Architecture
Description: Authorize special events for existing museum and meeting facility
Project Type: Special Use Permit Amendment

Project Name: VCA Parking
Description: Authorize use of existing parking lot for special event parking for museum and meeting facility
Project Type: Special Use Permit

The University of Richmond has started work on several new construction projects. The South Campus Apartments, located on the former IM field will be the first building as part of the South Campus portion of campus. This will replace some of the town home style apartments to free up space for a new admissions building and continuing education buildings in the future. Also breaking ground is a new Westhampton Residence Hall located behind South Court. Canon Chapel is undergoing renovations from March until November.

http://facilities.richmond.edu/services/architectural/construction/projects.html

https://masterplan.richmond.edu/

Yes!  I concur. 

Manchester is becoming a pretty happening place to live in the metro area. 

I think it is important to praise the city's residents and especially the police department for the reduction in crimes and murders.  We had forever been in the rankings of the nation's worse, and it is such a breath of fresh air to be off of those lists. 

I "true" believe (from the novel: The Cay) that the increase in population is due to the cut in violence. 

I never knew about the progress of the FFV/Interbake cookie factory project until BuildRVA reported the project's progress. A banner is up on the building with all the associated companies (including Rebkee, the one who purchased the building for development). Also, the project has a new name: "The Boulevard".

http://buildrva.tumblr.com/post/46505979290/scotts-addition-boulevard-interbake-becomes-the

I have no idea what is going on with the additional pictured 5-6 story structure on the lot across 5th Street next to the State Lab.  I have not seen any internal documentation on it nor anything in VCU Master-plan but the architecture certainly matches HDL's developments.  From my understanding, Phase Two is already completely accounted for and parking is no where near sufficient (though new garage to go up on N. 4th St. between E. Leigh and E. Jackson St.) so a Phase Three would not be surprising in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope I'm not late on this. http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/local/city-of-richmond/rrha-board-selects-developer-for-east-end-projects/article_69188df2-0cd6-5350-a343-ea7519395925.html

I've drawn up my plans for Creighton Court previously for Elizabeth Plater-Zyberk's workshop. I redrew the map and also did Fairfield... because I want Woodville back.

post-8815-0-85585600-1367288026_thumb.jp

post-8815-0-11552100-1367288041_thumb.jp

post-8815-0-46879000-1367296224_thumb.jp

Edited by Cadeho

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up just yet...but there was activity going on at the CNB when I drove by this morning.  There's a construction fence around the Broad St entrance to the building, and windows were opened down the side of the tower. 

• Like 1

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up just yet...but there was activity going on at the CNB when I drove by this morning.  There's a construction fence around the Broad St entrance to the building, and windows were opened down the side of the tower. 

Too late. My hopes are up now...