Richmond Developments

Cotuit

This article has a quite a bit of background on the status of Intermediate Terminal.  Apparently the current property owner has intended to use the building for a restaurant with the Ripp family (Can Can, Burger Bach and several Arby's franchises) in conjunction with the future "Richmond on the James" development (formerly "Echo Harbor").

“There’s no specific deal on the table,”  said George T. Ross, managing partner of R3 Development, which plans to build the Richmond on the James [sNIP]. “We’re looking forward to working with the company and the city,” Ross said Thursday. “Until we have a specific deal in place, we can’t comment.”

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/local/intermediate-terminal-property-eyed-for-beer-garden-but-no-deal/article_a8ccede4-a3ef-5898-b3d1-f04c9c294f7f.html

Edited by Icetera

I was worried when I first read this, but there has to be some sort of agreement in principle in place for Stone to have made this leap.  Without that piece, the Fulton location makes a lot less sense.

I am sure this venture will turn out better for Ross so I doubt there will be an issue.  Perhaps this will also push for more residential over office in his development.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know where to find a rendering of the 40 or so new town homes going up on Old Warwick rd. in the Midlothian area of Richmond ? 

The sign said it was being developed by Canterbury Enterprises and there have been permits issued for demolition to occur which has started already. If anyone could find renderings it would be appreciated.  245kn5v.png

• Like 1

I'm crazy about the idea. Not quite sold on the design but I assume that the finished product won't look like this. I'm glad you posted this. I saw it on bizzsense this morning but it didn't have any renderings.

I'm glad that there will be more development abutting the downtown expressway.

• Like 1

Hello, does anyone know the current status to the New Gresham Woods development all I could find was this "Ordinance No. 2010-98-81, adopted May 10, 2010, pertaining to the "Gresham Woods Preliminary Community Unit Plan", which permitted the development of a residential community not to exceed four hundred (400) single-family detached and single-family attached dwelling units on approximately 117.88 acres of land located at 6903 Midlothian Turnpike, upon certain terms and conditions, to extend the deadline for initial Final Plan submittal to July 1, 2017."

RVANews has an excellent piece on all the major plans the city has announced and undertaken in the past year (i.e. Riverfront, Bikes, Main Street Station) as well as how well the city is following along its Master Plan. It also provides insight on RVA developments for 2015.

http://rvanews.com/news/riverfront-bicycles-main-street-station-whats-up-with-city-development-plans/120314

• Like 2

Yes across from the new southside community center 

"To amend Ord. No. 2013-66-80, adopted May 28, 2013, which (i) accepted a program of proposed Capital Improvement Projects for Fiscal Year 2013-2014 and the four fiscal years thereafter, (ii) adopted a Capital Budget for Fiscal Year 2013-2014, and (iii) determined a means of financing the same, to amend the Fiscal Year 2013-2014 Capital Budget by increasing revenues from planned borrowings and the amount appropriated to the Southside Community Center project in the Culture and Recreation category by $1,584,000 and to amend the Capital Improvement Program for Fiscal Year 2013-2014 and the four fiscal years thereafter by decreasing planned borrowings and the amount appropriated to the Southside Community Center project in the Culture and Recreation category by $396,000 in Fiscal Year 2014-2015 and $1,188,000 in Fiscal Year 2015-2016 for the purpose of accelerating funding for the acquisition of parcels of real property known as 6255 Old Warwick Road, 6277 Old Warwick Road, 6295 Old Warwic..." 

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2015/01/07/more-manchester-apartments-on-the-rise/

More apartments and town homes  going into the ever-growing  Manchester.

Here is a recap on development this year in Manchester. 

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2014/12/30/manchester-the-southside-apartment-boom/

I'm certain that several plans left that one open block as green space or a park. I could have sworn we suggested that in 2007 as well...

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like plans for a (much-needed) complete overhaul of Kanawha Plaza is in the works:

http://rvanews.com/news/new-and-improved-kanawha-plaza-hopefully-coming-this-summer/121406?greater-jackson-ward-news

Good. I don't like that parking lot in the site plan, though.

Edited by RVA-Is-The-Best
  • Like 2