Richmond Developments

Cotuit

3 hours ago, Icetera said:

Permit request for potential large scale residential in Jackson Ward:

Capture.JPG

Looks like it will be in conjunction with the RRHA's proposal to relocate 75 units of senior housing to this parcel

"75 units at Jackson Place, a planned four-story development on a parcel hemmed in by First, Second, Duval and Jackson streets in Jackson Ward. The project is expected to cost $30 million to $40 million, Somanath said, and will include market-rate apartments and commercial space."

The plans highlighted in the above article also mention a proposed hotel to be located on a nearby vacant parcel:

"Construction on Jackson Place could start as early as late 2016 and should take about 18 months to complete, Somanath said. A 115-room hotel is envisioned on vacant land nearby; a request for proposals to develop the hotel site should go out this year, he said."

Hopefully so! While I agree that a full-service Hyatt may not work, perhaps their smaller-scaled Hyatt Place brand would be a good option. It would even be nice to see a second downtown Holiday Inn. This neighborhood (this location in particular) has so much to offer within walking distance with its proximity to the Black History Museum, Jackson Ward, the Arts and Gallery District, the Biotech Park, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TBurban said:

Would anyone happen to have more information on this Meadow Cary work/live project? Not sure when it's dated from or if it's even still relevant. Looks like an older (or newer?) plan to replace the BP station.

I haven't heard about it before so it must be really old or just recently proposed. We need more projects like this though in neighborhoods like Monroe ward and Jackson ward.

Hoping for the latter!

A 'biz bite' if you will from RichmondBizsense.com. Glad to see the building being revitalized and re-purposed; even more so for the Innsbrook comment.

$8M deal caps busy year for real estate firm

"Capital Square is also celebrating the pending move of its headquarters from Innsbrook to Shockoe Bottom. It is currently gutting 11 S. 18th St., which formerly housed the notorious nightclub Have a Nice Day Cafe, and before that, the Flood Zone. Capital Square bought it in 2014.

"It had a storied history, to say the least, but one that we can resurrect with a new use,” Singh said. “All the disco balls, speakers and various other sundries associated with music acts have been cleaned out.”

Interior demolition has been completed and construction will begin next month. Capital Square hopes to moves its 15 employees into the three-story, 13,000-square-foot building by the fourth quarter.

“We’ve been in Innsbrook for five years. It’s been pleasant, but there’s no life out here,” Rogers said. “We want to be in the middle of all the action.”"

Edited by TBurban

On 1/11/2016 at 0:28 PM, TBurban said:

Would anyone happen to have more information on this Meadow Cary work/live project? Not sure when it's dated from or if it's even still relevant. Looks like an older (or newer?) plan to replace the BP station.

I pass this every day - it's been complete for years now...or maybe I'm missing something?  It's across the street from the crack/heroin dealership gas station.  It houses a hair place on the corner and various businesses down Cary.

57 minutes ago, eandslee said:

Yes!  What's going on there?

8 story Canal Walk 5 with future Main Street retail frontage and additional 2 levels of residential.

http://eservices.ci.richmond.va.us/applications/clerkstracking/getPDF.asp?NO=2015-92-75

http://richmondbizsense.com/2015/05/04/developers-eye-8-story-project-in-the-bottom/

post-17240-0-65389100-1430926696.jpg

Edited by Icetera
Additional info.
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, TBurban said:

@meegwell That's what I had initially thought, but if you look at the rendering towards the edge of the proposed building, you can see the existing neighboring two story building down Meadow and the one story building down Cary towards the right. 

@wrldcoupe4 Hey, G. Snap any pics?

Ahh...so that is supposed to be where the gas station is?  That would be incredible for the edge of the Fan.

On January 14, 2016 at 2:38 PM, TBurban said:

@meegwell That's what I had initially thought, but if you look at the rendering towards the edge of the proposed building, you can see the existing neighboring two story building down Meadow and the one story building down Cary towards the right. 

@wrldcoupe4 Hey, G. Snap any pics?

I found a pic on flickr

Under Repair

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Richmonopoly said:

An older building is being torn down near Bank and Governor Streets.  I hate to see it go...

Does anyone have any idea as to what is going on in this area? Or at least why this building wasn't able to be salvaged?

Is it something further up Governor St.?  I cannot see anything around that intersection that I could imagine being torn down, especially with no news.

Could we see a new Coliseum in our near future?  This legislation might help.  I learned some new things from this article like there is huge corporate support for a new arena.  Additionally, there was a huge push to get a new one built in 2012.  I think it was a few years before that when we saw a conceptual rendering of a new arena.  Let's hope plans start rolling soon for one.  Gotta keep up with VA Beach ya know!

http://m.richmond.com/news/virginia/government-politics/article_40251723-9563-5a98-8bcb-7fdde04e759e.html?mode=jqm