Richmond Developments

Cotuit

On 1/18/2016 at 9:54 AM, Icetera said:

Urban Design Option B is by far the best. C is my least favorite for some reason.

23 minutes ago, eandslee said:

Option B appears to include more high rises.  I like that one best too. What's the timeline for these projects?

I would hardly call them high rises. The plans have details on how tall they would be and they are supposed to only be 9 stories tall. Hardly any impact in the skyline.

• Like 1

Here is the 3 Volume study/report that was done in 2010.  Some interesting finding in here although a bit outdated now.  I always wonder why they bother polling unqualified citizens as to whether they think the Richmond region could support a (major) sports team.  Also, the role that radio reach plays in these decisions.  Anyway, lots of reading.

Arena Market Validation and Financial Feasibility:

http://richmondvacitynews.blogspot.com/2011/01/coliseum-study-group-to-hold-media.html

• Like 1

On 8/5/2015 at 10:31 PM, varunner said:

oYmvO0n.jpg

There is some activity at Kanawha today - after sitting quiet since before the bike race.   A construction trailer is set up and a large shipping container was dumped in the middle of the field.  Various workers wondering around.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2016 at 1:37 PM, meegwell said:

There is some activity at Kanawha today - after sitting quiet since before the bike race.   A construction trailer is set up and a large shipping container was dumped in the middle of the field.  Various workers wondering around.

Confirmed: Kanawha renovations continue despite funding concerns

Agreed; it is rather unnerving. Though I am surprised that the city has not done more to raise funds for this project being that you essentially have three major development projects either already completed (Gateway Plaza) or are coming on-line within the year (321 Locks and Dominion's development) just steps away from the plaza. This is no time to, for lack of a better term, half-ass such a vital public asset in the middle of the CBD that will serve as a gathering place for visitors, residents, and employees within the coming years.

• Like 2

Curious what this will be...

http://richmondvacitynews.blogspot.com/2016/01/governor-mcauliffe-and-mayor-jones-to.html

WHO:       Governor Terry McAuliffe, Commonwealth of Virginia
               Mayor Dwight C. Jones
               Maurice Jones, Virginia Secretary of Commerce and Trade
               Brian Brown, AvePoint, Global General Counsel
               Tom Lin, AvePoint, Corporate Vice President of North America Sales

WHAT:      Governor Terry McAuliffe and Mayor Dwight Jones to make a major economic development announcement.

WHEN:      Monday, January 25, 2016
                   1 p.m.

WHERE:    Riverfront Plaza
                 Breezeway between East and West Towers
                 901 East Byrd Street
                 Richmond, VA 

• Like 1

Wow!  Awesome find!  I do know that the GRP has been working to lure a Fortune 500 or 1000 company to the area that has been more than a year in the making. Maybe this is it!  Might this announcement result in a new building downtown? Come on, everyone is doing it!  Come downtown!

I hope the weather doesn't delay the announcement.  Dude, now I'm waiting on pins and needles!  Been spoiled lately!  It's nice...very nice. 

20 minutes ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

Well it may be taking place there because that is where VEDP's and GReater Richmond Partnership's offices are located. There is a couple hundred thousand square feet available for lease in riverfront plaza. 

Good point about GRP being located there...and that's lot of space available!  Perhaps it's a temporary location until they can get their own space?

20 minutes ago, jbjust said:

Maybe this is where CarMax will be relocating a bunch of its people?  

Could be. I know they were looking for some space downtown if memory serves me right. That announcement, while very good, would be a little disappointing to me. I'd like to see someone new.  I'll take it though!

14 minutes ago, varunner said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this project, but it looks nice. 14 townhouses at 7th and Semmes: 

http://onesouthrealty.com/7-west  

7West-Exterior-Rendering-1.jpeg

Additionally, on the same website, it says the proposed tower on Pear St is called the "Nexus Tower" and will start selling this spring.

http://onesouthrealty.com/nexus 

Pear_St_1_11_16_pdf__page_6_of_6_.jpg

Did the one on Pear St. actually get approved?