Richmond Developments

Cotuit

41 minutes ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

I heard they plan to use it as an event space. Yep, an event space. A $50M+ event space. What a missed opportunity if true.

Isn't that just code for "there ain't anything else we have to go in it right now, but we'll keep it nice and cleaned up..."

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RiverYuppy said:

It looks like the CNB is almost finished.

They already have 34 units pre-leased.  If they can lease all 200+ units, that is going to be huge for the Broad Street Corridor.

There are a few living there already as I believe the residential portion is completed.  I checked them out myself but disappointingly the floor-plans are not great for the price (even accounting desirability) plus not a single utility is included.  It may be a slow fill but damn that building is gorgeous.

On the train shed, I remember the economic development forum had a speaker on it so I went back to watch it. They said they were suppose to have tenant and future use announcements spring 2016, and that they're working with venture richmond and other groups on that. So I guess we're supposed to get some tenant announcements soonish...

Besides that I can't find anything on what it will really be, outside of it having 80k square feet of high-end retail space

Speaking of hotel's in the city center, a couple days ago there were renderings on Price Studios website of a massive hotel on the block bound by Grace, 6th, 7th, and Franklin. (Directly across from the Carpenter Theatre) it has since been removed but someone must be up to something on that block. The rendering was at least 20 stories tall with a curved all glass tower and structured parking. Anyone heard anything about it?

Update: 

found  looks like a couple different iterations

i cant get the images to stick for some reason so here is a link. http://www.pricestudios.net/what-we-do/mixed-use-experience/city-center/

maybe someone else can post them. 

Edited by wrldcoupe4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

Speaking of hotel's in the city center, a couple days ago there were renderings on Price Studios website of a massive hotel on the block bound by Grace, 6th, 7th, and Franklin. (Directly across from the Carpenter Theatre) it has since been removed but someone must be up to something on that block. The rendering was at least 20 stories tall with a curved all glass tower and structured parking. Anyone heard anything about it?

Update: 

found  looks like a couple different iterations

i cant get the images to stick for some reason so here is a link. http://www.pricestudios.net/what-we-do/mixed-use-experience/city-center/

maybe someone else can post them. 

Wow that looks insane. If this ever does get built, it would be a great gateway to the city for travelers from Newport News and Hampton roads! Really hoping a large hotel builds this downtown.

new grocery store in church hill

26,000 square foot grocery store but additional first floor space for retail (estimate at this time of 9,000 square feet), possibly a restaurant; and, prodded by Richmond Housing Authority within just the last couple of weeks, plans for 2 additional stories to make available approximately 80 apartments with onsite management and maintenance.

Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 11.27.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 11.27.17 PM.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marcus Squires said:

new grocery store in church hill

26,000 square foot grocery store but additional first floor space for retail (estimate at this time of 9,000 square feet), possibly a restaurant; and, prodded by Richmond Housing Authority within just the last couple of weeks, plans for 2 additional stories to make available approximately 80 apartments with onsite management and maintenance.

Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 11.27.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 11.27.17 PM.png

Greatness for Churchhill. I'm pretty sure that the grocery store is from Richmond but opened their first store in Hampton roads. Anyway I'll take any infill we can get!

Anyone see this? I found it on Richmondcitywatch's facebook page. Looks like its going to rise in tobacco row possibly. Link to website below for the building. Looks to be around 11 stories from what i counted.

http://oneshiplock.com/

02_Nexus_Ext_Cam5_v15_1k.jpgEdit:Okay so I miscounted it looks more like 9 then 11 hahah

Edited by Downtowner
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Downtowner said:

Anyone see this? I found it on Richmondcitywatch's facebook page. Looks like its going to rise in tobacco row possibly. Link to website below for the building. Looks to be around 11 stories from what i counted.

http://oneshiplock.com/

02_Nexus_Ext_Cam5_v15_1k.jpgEdit:Okay so I miscounted it looks more like 9 then 11 hahah

I think we've all known about this project, but I just didn't know if, 1) it was approved and 2) if it was approved, when will it break ground?

Just now, eandslee said:

I think we've all known about this project, but I just didn't know if, 1) it was approved and 2) if it was approved, when will it break ground?

Its funny I actually don't remember this at all. I remember Echo Harbour and Richmond on the James but other than that I don't remember this.

19 minutes ago, Downtowner said:

Its funny I actually don't remember this at all. I remember Echo Harbour and Richmond on the James but other than that I don't remember this.

Oh yeah, there's been much debate about this project because the previous plan was too tall for all the NIMBYS who were afraid that their view of the city would be ruined.  This plan is much shorter than the one rejected. 

Edited by eandslee

14 minutes ago, Downtowner said:

These are all part of a new string of developments centered around that Pear St./Main St. intersection. According to my development map, this would be the replacement for the development known as ''Nexus Tower''. Also proposed around that area are the Pear St. and Peach St. developments. Exciting times for the area between Tobacco Row and Rockett's. That area needs to be built out to establish an urban continuity.

Edit: I will update the map with the appropriate renderings to reflect the changes

Also, here's a BizSense article from back in December 2015 about all the development going on in that area

I still contend this thing should be built, but then it sends the Church Hill Association into convulsions (all the more reason to do it IMO)

5332a13ec9ddd.image.jpg?resize=760%2C490

Edited by RVA-Is-The-Best
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, RVA-Is-The-Best said:

These are all part of a new string of developments centered around that Pear St./Main St. intersection. According to my development map, this would be the replacement for the development known as ''Nexus Tower''. Also proposed around that area are the Pear St. and Peach St. developments. Exciting times for the area between Tobacco Row and Rockett's. That area needs to be built out to establish an urban continuity.

Edit: I will update the map with the appropriate renderings to reflect the changes

Also, here's a BizSense article from back in December 2015 about all the development going on in that area

I still contend this thing should be built, but then it sends the Church Hill Association into convulsions (all the more reason to do it IMO)

5332a13ec9ddd.image.jpg?resize=760%2C490

I live on Tobacco Row and I've got to agree, BUILD IT! The folks up on Church Hill have got to realize they live in a city, they choose to live in a city, cities are not stagnant. You cannot expect that if you buy a house in a city that your block and neighborhood will never change. The way I look at it, cities can do one of two things, grow or die. So, I'd much rather have my view disrupted a bit if it means growth, than it remain stagnant, because in cities, stagnant is just another word for dying. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, drayrichmond said:

I live on Tobacco Row and I've got to agree, BUILD IT! The folks up on Church Hill have got to realize they live in a city, they choose to live in a city, cities are not stagnant. You cannot expect that if you buy a house in a city that your block and neighborhood will never change. The way I look at it, cities can do one of two things, grow or die. So, I'd much rather have my view disrupted a bit if it means growth, than it remain stagnant, because in cities, stagnant is just another word for dying. 

Amen!  100% agree with what you said, I just wish others there would see it the same!

22 minutes ago, drayrichmond said:

Well said.  I think this will anchor the east end of Tobacco Row nicely while bringing in some new property owners.

43 minutes ago, drayrichmond said:

But the city isn't stagnant, is growing, and the area below Libby Hill CAN be developed in a way that does not obliterate the view that literally gave our city its name.