Richmond Developments

Cotuit

• 5 weeks later...

17 hours ago, Wahoo 07 said:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2020/09/09/after-delay-city-planners-endorse-next-round-of-pulse-driven-rezonings/

Another step towards a denser Broad Street.  Hopefully, people acknowledge that transportation investments can bring about enormous private sector development.

I'm already dreaming of Richmond with a population of 340,000 in the next 16 1/2 years...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eandslee said:

See the Pre-Final copy of the Richmond 300 Plan here:

http://www.richmond300.com/prefinal

Upcoming meetings are also listed on this link.  Attend and get the inside scoop, find out everything before it comes out in the news!

This is quite impressive. Honestly, it's the first really comprehensive Richmond master plan that I have ever seen, and I've seen quite a few over the years. The planners unquestionably did their homework.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, cbl1 said:

Not building related - but Richmond related in keeping up with the big cities.

At Apple Event today Verizon announced nationwide launch of 5g with 55 cities launching today - Richmond is one of those cities and coverage map shows 5G for entire region.

NICE!! That means Richmond is definitely moving up in the world and grabbing some attention!

2 minutes ago, keo091 said:

Well this is just a win-win situation right here (though I can't say that I'm particularly excited about a new stadium, but it would be nice to resolve the issue)

Edited by Richmonder23
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, keo091 said:

I like it!  This is what needs to happen to get the region to cooperate with one another.  Hopefully, the terms are amenable and a deal is struck!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, eandslee said:

I like it!  This is what needs to happen to get the region to cooperate with one another.  Hopefully, the terms are amenable and a deal is struck!

Agreed - for as much as Richmonders kvetch (and rightly so) about getting the short end of the regional cooperation stick by Chesterfield and Henrico bailing on -- or flat refusing to participate -- in projects that could benefit the regions (but are located in the city limits), the city should absolutely step up to the plate (sorry - couldn't resist given the ballpark part of this story) and take the mantle on regional cooperation. The longer-term prospects for county participation I think will be much brighter if the city plays ball. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

21 minutes ago, whw53 said:

Unfortunately,  it appears that this project is “stealing” a couple companies from downtown...I don’t see that as a positive thing.  I do like this project though and glad that it is seeing success.

Edited by eandslee

Work is FINALLY starting on the transformation of Model Tobacco Building into Apartments.  Should have it's first tenants by Spring of 2022.

https://richmond.com/business/the-iconic-model-tobacco-plant-in-south-richmond-undergoing-a-59-million-redevelopment-into-apartments/article_ed4f62e2-ada2-5adf-9f66-2f65506deb53.html

Sounds like some cool amenities are planned too.

"Plans call for a rooftop community room and deck that will have commanding views of the city's skyline.

A former power plant behind the main building on the 14.79-acre property will become a recreation center for tenants. It will include a half-court indoor basketball court, gym space, a 30-foot climbing wall, a large community room with a cooking kitchen, a yoga studio and a gaming center. Off the gym will be a deck and an outdoor swimming pool."

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

So in scanning the interwebs for Richmond development news...I came across something that could be interesting. This was taken from the resume of an architect at Walter Parks. See where it lists Locks 7 tower for around 2023. All the other projects on the resume are either completed or in progress, so seems like this could be on the horizon. I wonder if this would replace the announced canal walk hotel across from the Carmax offices. I can't find anything else about this, but anyone heard anything??

http://www.nahumgoodenow.com/resume

• Like 2