Richmond Developments

Cotuit

Is that parcel the same one referred to in this article? If so then Bank Street Advisors would be behind the project - same development team behind One Canal and Soda Flats

Great find to kick off the year.

https://richmondbizsense.com/2020/05/21/developer-adds-to-downtown-broad-street-holdings/

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

https://reason.com/2020/12/05/will-cities-survive-2020/

A nice survey of policy challenges that cities faced last year that shed some light on longstanding inflexibilities in administration and the possible effects on downtown centers within an altered urban geography for labor/business.

Refreshing seeing urban issues discussed from a market urbanist perspective. Anyhow, thought I'd share an article for a rainy night..

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

At least if the renderings are adhered to, we'd be looking at a 25-story residential tower at Madison and Broad. Curious to know how a 25-story residential building would stack up relative to tallest buildings in Richmond?

I really hope this gets built - and to that full height (25 stories) - or more. Consider that if it gets built it will be only a few blocks from the proposed 15-story residential building at 321 W. Grace Street. These two buildings would be a FANTASTIC kick-start to Monroe Ward development!

Let's hope and pray this tower comes to pass!

Whoa!  That's a nice spreadsheet!  Did you build that?  If so, that's impressive!

I also think that if your calculations are correct, this new tower would appear to be about the same height as 600 Canal and the Monroe tower in the skyline - you can't tell the difference between so few feet.

Edited by eandslee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, eandslee said:

Whoa!  That's a nice spreadsheet!  Did you build that?  If so, that's impressive!

Thank you.  I have a pile of these including one for Navy Hill that calculated property and tax values, etc.  I expanded this one to include all of Virginia's towers over 200' so this is the filtered view.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Icetera said:

Thank you.  I have a pile of these including one for Navy Hill that calculated property and tax values, etc.  I expanded this one to include all of Virginia's towers over 200' so this is the filtered view.

What an incredible resource you've created there.  Wow!  Looks like you have all proposed towers/buildings included there too.  It would be nice to see everything that is being proposed/under construction.  There are so many that I've forgotten half of them.  Only the big projects stick out in my mind.  It's a good problem to have for sure!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, rjp212 said:

Looks like a new phase of The Shops at Stratford Hills is about to start.   The pdf focuses on the Chipotle and outparcel, but on the site plan it shows townhomes as well.   Richmond is really starting to grow in all directions!

https://www.thalhimer.com/sites/default/files/listings_files/6935ForestHillAve.pdf

Great to see!  I grew up about a mile east on Forest Hill Ave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/4/2021 at 8:19 AM, Wahoo 07 said:

Planning Commission backs proposed Libbie Avenue townhomes - Richmond BizSense

Nice infill development on Libbie between Grove and Patterson.  I love the idea of that area taking on a slightly denser feel.

Subdivision plat filed for this townhome project along Libbie this week.

https://energov.richmondgov.com/EnerGov_Prod/selfservice#/plan/575d060f-f6de-4ca6-9692-4f3dcba36137

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...