Richmond Developments

Cotuit

I definitely think it would be a great addition to downtown... though I don't hold much hope for it being in the Murphy. There's plenty of other places with potential though, such as part of CNB or the John Marshall, though I'm not sure of how feasible it would be in those buildings.

We know it can't be in Murphy's since the state has first dibs on it. If the Marshall can be wrested away from Campe or whatever his name is, I think it would be perfect.

The only feasibility Murphy's had was its location, IMO. There is very little space on ground floors for conversion to leture halls and class rooms whereas the Marshall has plenty of square footage on lower levels plus about one hundred more sleeping rooms.

Edited by burt

Skimpy pickin's in today's Building Permits column.

Here's an interesting one, but it failed to list an address: FC Consolidated Lessor LLC, owner; KBS Inc., contractor; two story parking structure. $1.9 million.

The other one of interest with a weird address is: One half (they used the figure which is not on my keyboard) West Marshall Street. Create 6 apartments in warehouse. $260,423.

That peculiar address has got to be near Emerick Flats (the triangular building on Marshall between Adams and Brook Road). Foushee Street is the divider between East and West, but Foushee dead ends at Broad; thus, the south side of Marshall is one long block between 1st and Adams.

Edited by burt

Tburban... was there anything else that was worth mentioning about downtown living and working? We out of towners can't read about it on the TD website :(

Well, really, everything they had advertised and wrote about on the segment we had already known. It was pretty much a rendering and real estate extravaganza. There were pictures and renderings of Cutters Ridge, Sterling Row, Vistas, Centennial, Rocketts, Philip Morris, etc etc... They had segments and advertisements for Goodstein and Forest City and other firms. It was more a read for people that were totally unaware of downtown developments. We had already known, seen, heard about all the things they had mentioned in the article. I was pretty bummed once I had read through the segment and kept repeating Ive heard that, seen this, been there.

I bet if we started a Richmond Development Magazine, we could put the TD's out of the market!

But what do we do when things are slow? There was a time things cooled off a bit and we hardly had stuff to talk about... on the other forum there was a big argument about stadiums that filled the void!

We could make like the Todays Show and compare the cost of a gallon of Starbucks with a gallon of gas! Turns out, the gallon of Starbucks was 33.35 and gas was 2.42 for the national average.

We could make like the Todays Show and compare the cost of a gallon of Starbucks with a gallon of gas! Turns out, the gallon of Starbucks was 33.35 and gas was 2.42 for the national average.

Yeah and Katie Meredith suggested we drink some gasoline to get a real jolt!

We could also talk about food and their effect on the brain ... just like the Today Show!

I stumbled upon some sidewalk improvements taking place along 12th Street, between the James Center and ROTJ. Sidewalks were being upgarded to brick pavers.

Along 12th, under the overpass?

Edited by Cadeho

I feel like somewhere I heard that the James Center people used to (or still might) have air rights over the deck...

Was it a substantial number of condos?

From what I know it is not the James Center owners who have the air rights. Though I could be wrong.

burt - The perimeter fence for the National is going up as I type.

From what I know it is not the James Center owners who have the air rights. Though I could be wrong.

It's still pretty interesting nontheless. Feel free to mention anything you come across that you can mention.

I would think that in a post 9/11 world, condos over a parking deck that is over the DT expressway wouldn't fly...

Well if we're going to build another big target in New York, a condo over a deck over an expressway is nothing. I remember something about building on top of the deck but I forget where. I think 95 in Jackson Ward should be built over to reconnect the neighborhood.