Richmond Developments

Cotuit

Yeah I agree, but it wouldn't be a tower on top, it would only have utilized the top couple floors... turning them into condos. I woudn't mind seeing a tower just north of that deck where they propose another deck. Having just a plain old deck is weak.

I was told that a 12-story hotel was once proposed for that site or is it still on the boards? I do not know.

This is the Latest on ROTJ's Retail issues. Got this from Impaq on www.richmondcitywatch.com.

Looks like McFadden's will not be opening here in the business tower as the rumors have said. Not sure if they're considering the Power Plant.

Quote:

... a long-overdue announcement that everyone has been waiting for

WOW. Did you guys check out the rendering on RCW of the Ironhouse Place Condo Development on Broad? Now thats what I call urban revitalization.

I was able to take a peak through the windows inside the construction office and noticed that the drawings had a building one floor taller; 60 feet tall.

I have been informed that there are condos to be proposed on top of the RMA Parking Garage, above the Downtown Expressway.

Does anyone have info on this?

Ok, Ive acted this whole time like I knew where the RMA Deck is. Quite frankly, I have no idea what you guys are talking about :lol: Could someone map it out for me, por favor?

Philip Morris R&D Center a Big Boost to Downtown Richmond

some excerpts:

It’s the kind of project every city wants: a big, showy $350 million research center in the heart of downtown. As the seven-story Philip Morris USA Center for Research & Technology rises from two city blocks, it gives Richmond a visible symbol of downtown’s ongoing rebirth.

“ The impact is beyond measure,” says Garland Williams, interim director of economic development for Richmond. “It symbolizes a rebirth of industry coming back to the city.”....

The center’s location provides a welcome boost to the biotechnology park’s stature and visibility, by nearly doubling its space. Downtown Richmond got the nod for the building because of its proximity to the Life Sciences Program at Virginia Commonwealth University and its medical college. Richmond donated the land, and Virginia threw in about $15 million in state incentive money.

Philip Morris is now recruiting globally for scientists and researchers who will receive “generous compensation packages, well above the city’s prevailing wage,” says Phelps. Williams hopes the new hires will go beyond working downtown, to dining, shopping and living there, joining a growing residential population that is snapping up the area’s new luxury high-rise condos.

Edited by wrldcoupe4

No, not that I'm aware of. A new building could be built on the parking lot just to the east of this parking deck... If it's built, it would be a 20-26 story tower I think.

From what I was told by sources, the garage will be incorporated into the new structure above.