Richmond Developments

Cotuit

According to the Mayor, we'll get more details about BowTie Development's plans for the Boulveard Square development on North Boulevard later this month. Preliminary plans call for a 14-screen cinema with stadium seating in the old Richmond Steel Bldg as well as retail and dining at Leigh and the Boulevard.

I spoke to a person who works at the Critical Care Tower. The tower crane will be jumped up by another 125 feet during the weekend of October 28, 2006. ana ddition of 125 feet will make the crane visible from most angles of the skyline.

In addition, I have also found out the tower will be 17 floors from the 13th Street elevation. I was able to see a good size rendering in which it appeared at least 30 feet taller than the Main Hospital next door.

As long as the house stays put. Actually!!!! Shockoe Bottom would be great for the museum's move. Maybe even Rocketts at the site of the Confederate Navy Yard... hmmm move over Echo Harbour. I'd support a riverfront museum. .... WHY DON'T WE HAVE AN AQUARIUM?

Anyway, I participated in the Before Freedom Came camp at Westover Hills Elem. in the summer of 1991 during the time the exhibit was at museum. I was on channel 12 playing a conga like drum (probably a conga anyway). Then in 1992 we were at Patrick Henry and I was on staff and on channel 8 this time in a skit! :)

Edited by Cadeho

As long as the house stays put. Actually!!!! Shockoe Bottom would be great for the museum's move. Maybe even Rocketts at the site of the Confederate Navy Yard... hmmm move over Echo Harbour. I'd support a riverfront museum. .... WHY DON'T WE HAVE AN AQUARIUM?

Anyway, I participated in the Before Freedom Came camp at Westover Hills Elem. in the summer of 1991 during the time the exhibit was at museum. I was on channel 12 playing a conga like drum (probably a conga anyway). Then in 1992 we were at Patrick Henry and I was on staff and on channel 8 this time in a skit! :)

Well we do have a poor excuse of an aquarium in Maymount Park. I have thought about an aquarium myself. It would be a really nice focal point of Richmond's waterfront development.

Well we do have a poor excuse of an aquarium in Maymount Park. I have thought about an aquarium myself. It would be a really nice focal point of Richmond's waterfront development.

Ditto. My only concern, would be if it would do well. The Chesapeake Area and Baltimore already have major aquariums. Wouldnt big ones such as those affect the number of visitors at ours? Personally, I think an aquarium would do great at the Fulton site.

Edited by TBurban

Ditto. My only concern, would be if it would do well. The Chesapeake Area and Baltimore already have major aquariums. Wouldnt big ones such as those affect the number of visitors at ours?

Depends on the theme of the aquarium. Atlanta and Chattanooga both have aquariums that are doing well, but different themes. Both cities are about 2-hours apart.

The purpose of Maymont's Nature Center isn't to be an aquarium, it's to showcase the diverse wildlife found throughout our area and Virginia. I wouldn't be opposed to a waterfront aquarium somewhere in the city though. Somewhere on the Ethyl site near Tredegar Street?

Edited by wrldcoupe4

The purpose of Maymont's Nature Center isn't to be an aquarium, it's to showcase the diverse wildlife found throughout our area and Virginia. I wouldn't be opposed to a waterfront aquarium somewhere in the city though. Somewhere on the Ethyl site near Tredegar Street?

I understand it is not an aquarium, but it is the closet thing Richmond has to an aquarium.

Hmm, what about the Museum of the Confederacy next to Wilder's Slavery Museum in Shockoe Bottom? That might be interesting!

That would be nice!!!

If you closely read the article, the House will stay put.

Got More Big news today on NBC 12 they will be telling what the Developers that own the Azalea mall Property are going to do with the Azalea Mall Property. I will find out as much as I can. Oh and by the way I went to the Byrd Theater for my very first time today for the Senior Movie while everyone else was taking PSAT's haha.