Richmond Developments

Cotuit

I finally found out the details first off part of the property sits in the city with the other half in henrico. Second It would be a Mix-Used Development called Azalea Square. I saw renderings of it too looks very nice from what I saw.

I saw lots of asphalt.

An update from a Richmond Business website from the 9th:

Performing Arts Center Update

Pending a meeting scheduled for this afternoon, we should have an update from the city as to the fate of the Carpenter Center. Wilder has given the appointed performing arts committee until 12/31/06 to submit a final plan.

More at: http://rvabusiness.typepad.com/rvabusiness...rming_arts.html

Thank goodness! Are they mainly interior or exterior? Both?

Definitely interior and probably some exterior. I was told by a guy at the front desk that the lobby would be extended towards the street. Also, he wasn't sure whether the rooftop pool was going to be covered or left open.

Just saw an ad for a development on Grove Avenue called Lock Lane Condos on Grove Avenue. heres their website.

http://www.locklaneongrove.com/

Great find!

logoinside1.jpg

frontelevation.jpg

* Designated historic district

* Located in the convenient and highly sought-after Westhampton district

* More than 7 acres of land, with almost half devoted to green space

* Outdoor in-ground pool

* Poolside pergola

* Optional on-site residential storage

* 24-hour controlled security access on multi-unit buildings

* Club room

* Timeless brick and slate structures

The downtown Radisson will be undergoing extensive renovations shortly and will be turned into a Doubletree Hotel.

This will be at least the second Doubletree in the area since the Airport Hilton switched names. Aren't Doubletree's affiliated with Hilton? The Raddison name enjoys a respectable reputation, but I would suspect, like Tommy, that Doubletree is a notch above in quality.

The Raddison in Richmond originally was a Holiday Inn. Being the closest hotel to the Landmark, it gets a lot of business from showbiz types. It was a headquarters for performers during the tremendous National Folk Festival and I understand they got together the first night and jammed until 4am.

In other hotel news, Shak and I heard privately at the Venture Richmond seminar that another major hotel operator is looking around downtown for a site. I believe this was told to Shak in confidence (I happened to overhear just a portion of it), so I will not reveal more.

I took a walk around the Southern States silo yesterday and notice acres of empty lots just screaming to be developed.

Were there any previous proposals for this area?

Actually, if I remember correctly, there was a proposal by someone to convert the silos into residential space (that's right, not tear them down, convert them) but nothing could be done until Purdue's lease of the silos to store feed was up. I can't remember the year it is up. That site is a key location that was absolutely be redeveloped at some point.

Also, yes Burt, Doubletree is a Hilton brand...

Actually, if I remember correctly, there was a proposal by someone to convert the silos into residential space (that's right, not tear them down, convert them) but nothing could be done until Purdue's lease of the silos to store feed was up. I can't remember the year it is up. That site is a key location that was absolutely be redeveloped at some point.

Also, yes Burt, Doubletree is a Hilton brand...

The developers that had their eyes on this property could learn from what theyre doing in Baltimore....

Before:

Locust%20Point%2004.jpg

After:

param_splash.jpg

Photo Courtesy of bmorescottamanda in this thread.

I DO NOT want to get anyone overly excited :shades: , as this is not from an official source, but I heard from some people in the paper industry, including someone who's father is big wig at Mead Westvaco, that the company had chosen the downtown location near the Federal Reserve.

**** :ph34r: Please note that neither of these people lived in Richmond and its very possible that they misunderstood after hearing that it was under consideration.**** But its equally possible that the company has decided on that location and just hasn't announced it publicly. I hope my sources were right. :rolleyes:

My sources were right! :yahoo: Too bad I didn't bet Burt a quarter.