Richmond Developments

Cotuit

ALso, while everyone is celebrating MWV, just thought I'd mention that Riverfront Plaza is under contract by Hines REIT for $292 per square foot. Hines is a big company that could become a considerable presence in our market if they so choose. The deal should close next week :thumbsup:

Great news, Coupe.

What have you heard about Jemal's projects since he escaped a jail sentence?

ALso, while everyone is celebrating MWV, just thought I'd mention that Riverfront Plaza is under contract by Hines REIT for $292 per square foot. Hines is a big company that could become a considerable presence in our market if they so choose. The deal should close next week :thumbsup:

Are they HQ'd here or do they just have a significant presence here? Additionally, I was unaware that there was that much space in the riverfront plaza available for another tenant. I thought that Wachovia Securities and a couple other tenants had the place full. Do you know how much space they will occupy?

Well, Hines REIT is actually buying the entire complex, they won't be moving into it :thumbsup: They will be the new owners.

The two towers add up to about 1 million square feet, Wachovia Securities has about 1/3 of that, and a law firm has another 1/3. The rest are smaller tenants. The buildings are 98% leased, which means there is only 20,000 sf available out of 1 million.... it's a very desirable building!

Well, Hines REIT is actually buying the entire complex, they won't be moving into it :thumbsup: They will be the new owners.

The two towers add up to about 1 million square feet, Wachovia Securities has about 1/3 of that, and a law firm has another 1/3. The rest are smaller tenants. The buildings are 98% leased, which means there is only 20,000 sf available out of 1 million.... it's a very desirable building!

Oh yeah, that's right. I remember reading a while back that they had bought the property. Thanks for refreshing my memory. Yeah, I'd like to see them build speculative downtown so that other companies could have a prestigious downtown address. ;)

Are they HQ'd here or do they just have a significant presence here? Additionally, I was unaware that there was that much space in the riverfront plaza available for another tenant. I thought that Wachovia Securities and a couple other tenants had the place full. Do you know how much space they will occupy?

HINES is out of Houston, TX.

MeadWestvaco annoced that they are building their site here in Richmond along the James River downtown.

:yahoo:

Hey, WE LANDED ON THE MOON! Oh, wait...that's old news isn't it?

...Um...excuse me, uh...you're just a little late on that one! This board has been lit up like a christmas tree since the RTD announced it! It's been crazy around here!

Here's the latest map of the area where the new HQ will be built. Of course, everyone knows where we are talking about, but I just thought I'd add it because the RTD now has it on their story page:

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satel...p;ssbinary=true

BTW, I can't get %7Boption%7D tags to work on this site. What's up?

Edited by eandslee

The TD has dynamic tags... you can't show images from there unless you save them to your comp and upload them first... kinda sucks.

I'm curious to see where on the parcel the building will be built. It obviously won't be taking up all that space. The section just above the orange will be the parking deck for the federal reserve.

The TD has dynamic tags... you can't show images from there unless you save them to your comp and upload them first... kinda sucks.

I'm curious to see where on the parcel the building will be built. It obviously won't be taking up all that space. The section just above the orange will be the parking deck for the federal reserve.

The rendering looks as if the building will run north/south with its back along 7th street to me.

Edited by burt

Thanks for the "heads up" on that. Yeah, that really sucks. I'll remember that for next though.

BTW, has there been a release of a site master plan overview of that location? Seems to me like there was one, but I may have been imagining things. If not, I wish one would come out. I'd like to know what the developers have in mind (other than just words) regarding the full build out of that site.

Edited by eandslee