Richmond Developments

Cotuit

I wasn't sure where to put this... but what about this Richmond Centerstage? Still trying to get that hall built eh? Will they make it?

I saw work going on at the hole today.

And in driving through Fairmount today.. there's tons of work going on there and some of those old houses have been converted to look suburban! :shok:

Edited by Cadeho

Richmond CenterStage is a kinda tacky name, but they'll make it. I'm sending my little donation today.

Richmond CenterStage (or the Carpenter Center and adjacent old Thalhimer building) expect to announce they've raised a total of $15 million by early December and are confident they can reach their goal of $20 million by December 31st to establish performance and educational facilities in the Thalhimer shell. $45 million, which includes funds from Mr. Wilder's City of the Future plan, is committed for the CC.

OPUS, the young people's group whose previous focus was VAPAF have expanded their reach and are now emphasizing support of theatre/concert/dance in all city area venues. Their membership rolls have increased to more than 500.

I think the in-fighting among groups is settling down and most simply want to end all squabbling and get this thing done.

If I survive 'til fall/winter of 2009, I hope to see lots of you at the grand reopening. :)

Edited by burt

If enough money came from a single source, it's likely Richmond Center/Stage would award naming rights. Maybe the Thalhimer family would like to burnish its image by contributing more and having the remaining building of their retail empire called THALHIMER HALL.

Or, how about QUINCY COLE PERFORMING ARTS CENTER? Now that the Cole manor in Windsor Farms has been sold, perhaps his remaining estate can be directed to fulfillment of his wishes: i.e., furtherance of music and the performing arts in Richmond.