ALOT of Atlanta from 723 feet!

Hybrid0NE

42458dd9267ba.jpg

Just a warm-up, it's a picture of the south end of Midtown. The rest of the pics are from the Sundial View going in orientation from east-north-west-south. I kind of focused on the highrises (except for the shot of lonely Polaris View atop the Hyatt Regency), since it was a little hazy that day.

42458075bec49.jpg

42458f6bcc869.jpg

42458e34a7e03.jpg

424581ef3ae94.jpg

4245837d97bea.jpg

424583b75aab3.jpg

4245927d88253.jpg

424592bd4ffc3.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are some really awesome pictures HybridONE. I was down in Atlanta for the first time last July and spent an entire day riding the MARTA and walking about downtown. What building were you in exactly, I didn't recognize the name (maybe a picture would help if you have one)? I did go inside the bowed out Marriott with the large atrium (very cool). You apparantly were a lot higher up than I was. I tried getting up to the top of the Westin for the view but it was past the lunch hour and the restaurant was closed.

If you're a true southerner then you'll like fried fish with all the fixings. There was a pretty good lil' joint above the 5 points station that had some of the best fried food that I've had in awhile.

• 1 month later...

I like the photos!

Did you stay at the Westin recently?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I actually stayed at the Sheraton Colony Square Hotel in Midtown and paid $5 to go up to the Sundial View. The Westin happened to booked but I've stayed there once before but I had a sucky view of sw atlanta. All of the 'scrapers and mountains are to the north and east!

42458dd9267ba.jpg

Just a warm-up, it's a picture of the south end of Midtown. The rest of the pics are from the Sundial View going in orientation from east-north-west-south. I kind of focused on the highrises (except for the shot of lonely Polaris View atop the Hyatt Regency), since it was a little hazy that day.

42458075bec49.jpg

42458f6bcc869.jpg

42458e34a7e03.jpg

424581ef3ae94.jpg

4245837d97bea.jpg

424583b75aab3.jpg

4245927d88253.jpg

424592bd4ffc3.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you are making me dizzy...

:wacko:

BTW, Nice shots.

Um, I didn't mean anything smart by that, there was no need for you to get smart... It looks like some of the large buildings are missing on the upper end, and I thought the photos may have been taken years ago, that's all... Nobody said a word about a growing skyline or a pregnant woman. I'll be sure never to ask you a question again. :angry:

When were these pictures taken, if you don't mind me asking? There seems to be fewer buildings on the upper end of midtown than now... Has it been several years?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its just the angle. They are all still there :)

Here is an image with Midtown in the foreground.

cityAtlantaGA08.jpg

Don't take Hybrid0NE's comments too personally. He seems to get bent out of shape easily.

Archived