Portsmouth development

vdogg

• 5 weeks later...

An article from the Virginian Pilot about two properties on High Street which have been under renovation f o r e v e r. I hope something can be done about these two buildings.

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story...96006&ran=69018

Well I just hope that "something" does not involve condemnation and demolition.

TCC reveals master plna for Portsmouth Campus

Man, TCC is just going nuts with the expansions. :blink:

Remarkable news! :D

It reminds me of the economic impacts VCU has had on DT Richmond, only on a more spread-out scale. It's still awesome and kudos for them bringing exciting new things to Portsmouth. The city's public schools will benefit by having a Governor's School-like program (our version with TNCC).

Need I say it again? AWESOME!

Remarkable news! :D

It reminds me of the economic impacts VCU has had on DT Richmond, only on a more spread-out scale. It's still awesome and kudos for them bringing exciting new things to Portsmouth. The city's public schools will benefit by having a Governor's School-like program (our version with TNCC).

Need I say it again? AWESOME!

Not only that but it is now overwhelmingly obvious that Portsmouth has turned a corner. Development news has been coming fast and furious out of that city and that is not something I could have said even as little as a year ago. :D

And on the TCC note, I have never before in my life known a community college to be the economic and development force for a region the way this one has. I mean they are really changing things, and you usually only get that type of impact out of a University.

Wow, Portsmouth dropped a bomb yesterday! :blink:

Perhaps one day TCC will lose the "Community" out of their title and become a four year accredited institution... although I'm not sure what steps they would have to do to get there. I graduated from Temple University and they had 4 campuses within the city and 2 abroad (Japan, Rome). Doesn't sound too-farfetched to me.

Wow, Portsmouth dropped a bomb yesterday! :blink:

Perhaps one day TCC will lose the "Community" out of their title and become a four year accredited institution... although I'm not sure what steps they would have to do to get there. I graduated from Temple University and they had 4 campuses within the city and 2 abroad (Japan, Rome). Doesn't sound too-farfetched to me.

I'm sure there are complex bureaucratic steps that must be taken through the local, state, and perhaps federal government for TCC to make the transition to a four-year college, but they're really headed in that direction! They're expanding so quickly and their programs are getting so diverse, it would benefit both them and the community to try and make it a 4-year institution, but of course retaining their 2-year degrees that many people seek. I love what they're doing and I hope they continue to keep it up!

Wow, Portsmouth is sure trying to get their stuff together! DT Norfolk, DT Portsmouth, Fort Norfolk all under construction...and a train running right through it. Man, it's going to be a beautiful sight. :)

And now with Chesapeake pulling its head out of its butt, dare I say you could add Chesapeaks' "downtown" to that list?

• 1 month later...

Sailboats for Portsmouth? From the Virginian Pilot....

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story...97757&ran=86839

While this is hardly a new idea, I like the idea of public art throughout the city.

I think it will be great for P-town! It would be cool to see a bronze sailboat at the traffic circle that they are planning for DT P-town.

Ray Gindroz is becoming a household name in Portsmouth :

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story...8069&ran=212290

That's great. I hope the people of Craddock can make this happen. I wonder though how much financially strapped Portsmouth will be able to donate to this vision with them already focusing on two other projects.