btoy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I love the little patio areas they implemented under the bridge here:

Pictures087.jpg

There appears to be a hookup for a couple of future lamp posts, too. I imagine there will be benches or perhaps even pic nic tables under there. Does anybody know for certain what's planned for this area?

Nice photos, g-man! :thumbsup:

AWESOME! Glad to see Riverplace extending down the Reedy! I feel like it's been dead for a while. Mainly because there's been a slow down in pics on here, but also, I guess a lot of the work now is interior, so it's making less of a statement as it was when 3 buildings were going up at the same time.

Anybody heard anything else on phase 3? I think the last I heard they were planning on starting but the city was trying to get money for a parking garage or something.

The last word I heard was that Phase III could start before the rest of Phase II (other than the Terrace) is completed becuase the city doesn't have the money to put towards the extension of the parking deck under the rest of Phase II yet. Although, I had thought there was going to be a parking garage included with Phase III also? :unsure:

Doesn't phase 3 sit next to acadamy street. If so what is the height I had originally saw some type of multistory building about the same height as Wachovia place.Is this correct? If so this area will look great with phase 3 on one side of acadamy and The camperdown on the other.It will definitly change the image when you drive down acadamy.

Thanx for adding the links. I know it is hard to tell much from renderings, but it looks pretty tall, much higher than the Hampton Inn which is really a low rise. I like the looks of it, not a box! But, still has a flat roof. I would like to see maybe a secondary tower rising off of each wing.

I know most of the other buildings built in Riverplace look just like what is on the drawings. But I believe that the phase three building will not look anything like that one in the drawing.

I just walking by Riverplace and noticed that they are finally starting on the "Grape" up fit. Also noticed that they have dividing the space to the left of the main Riverplace entry into two spaces. The large space on the corner will be the "grape" and the smaller space apparently will be a Starbucks (their was a set of plans marked Starbucks in the window). :D