CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Riverplace

btoy

Allora at the first 155 Riverplace Home Owners meeting said that in the Riverplce building will be The Grape, Starbcuks, and High Cotton.

I thought someone said High Cotton would be at FallsPlace (RBC Centura Building) accorss the street, but it appears that they will be in the restaurant space a Riverplace, which IMO is a better spot.

That sounds much better for High Cotton. As I said before, if the one in Greenville is anything like the one here in Charleston, it will be a very nice establishment. I like the fact that is a really nice environment with excellent food, yet still comfortable. I ate at High Cotton before a semi-formal last fall, and did not feel out of place at all. It will be a great addition to Greenville's dining choices, along the lines of Restaurant O, Devereaux's, and Soby's.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the foot bridge that goes over the river straight towards the Hampton INN, there are those concrete slabs that stick out, and it looks like they are flow valves or something there. It would look much nicer if these were changed to rocks or something that looked much more natural, or if they were just removed altogether. Any thoughts?
When the damn was built they incorporated the concrete base of the former railroad trestle that was already their. IMO I like the damn and the small lake that it forms.

Update:

They have started to put in the forms for the stairs beside the fountain and they have also started to put up the rock work on it.....It also looks they are getting ready to do the landscaping by the Riverwalk and they started pouring the concrete on the west end of the River Walk. Things are starting to shape up....now if they can get moving a little quicker on the buildings....

Update:

They have started to put in the forms for the stairs beside the fountain and they have also started to put up the rock work on it.....It also looks they are getting ready to do the landscaping by the Riverwalk and they started pouring the concrete on the west end of the River Walk. Things are starting to shape up....now if they can get moving a little quicker on the buildings....

THanks for the update! I can't wait to take this all in myself when i get back to Greenville this weekend!

How long will you be in town, GvilleSC? If you're around next Wednesday evening, I highly recommend the Moonlight Movies at the Peace Center Amphitheatre. Or Shakespeare in the Park, which will be starting back up real soon. Of course there's always Main Street Jazz and Downtown Alive, along with many other events all over town. :shades:

How long will you be in town, GvilleSC? If you're around next Wednesday evening, I highly recommend the Moonlight Movies at the Peace Center Amphitheatre. Or Shakespeare in the Park, which will be starting back up real soon. Of course there's always Main Street Jazz and Downtown Alive, along with many other events all over town. :shades:

Oh, I'll be home ALL SUMMER! :yahoo: Clemson isn't that far, but I actually enjoy being gone for a while and then really noticing all the changes that are taking place when I do return home :thumbsup::) The first thing on my priority list is going to a Drive game! (and some Spill the Beans Ice Cream!)

Edited by GvilleSC

There's a banner out on Main Street by Townes Plaza at RiverPlace for Starbucks, so it won't be long now.

141566242_0ca3850006.jpg

Work along the Prommenade/River Walk is coming along nicely as well. Also, landscaping and masonry work at the various steps/stairs and masonry work at the centerpiece fountain is going great guns.

141566245_02cfba101a.jpg

The parking deck portion under the Terrace at RiverPlace is moving right along, too!

141569829_e74d5503b0.jpg

This place is looking more and more amazing every time I go back to check out the progress! :wub:

I think you meant that for the Field House Construction Thread? There's no way the Terrace is already topped out. :blink:

I was talking about the crane being topped out. :lol:

Here is a view of what the crane looks like from West End Field:

Pictures144.jpg

Edited by g-man430