CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Riverplace

btoy

I would imagine this is a high priority for the city, at least it should be. I wonder if there are tennant problems for the phase 2 and 3 that are contributing to the delay. I hope that phase 3, if it happens, will indeed be of some height. It is definitely needed,and will make a dramatic statement for the whole development.

OH yea! I can imagine the view looking up stream from Main Street with several more buildings about 4-6 stories densely piled in and a 10+ (hopefully more like 17 ???) stories rising beyond that. Awesome. :shades:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out this link. High Cotton has construction updates, etc. for the opening of the Riverplace location. I didn't realize they were opening in March! :yahoo:

http://www.mavericksouthernkitchens.com/hi...reenville/blog/

Also Harper Corp. Has started the up fit on the new Soby's restaurant.

Edited by maninthepark

Which part of Riverplace will Soby's new restaurant be in? I was thinking the riverside lower levels of the hotel. Is that correct?

i don't think it is all the way down by the river, i believe it is in the middle right where the patio area is about halfway down the staircase....in the hotel building. I though i heard it was going to be Mediterranean also, should be interesting.

i don't think it is all the way down by the river, i believe it is in the middle right where the patio area is about halfway down the staircase....in the hotel building. I though i heard it was going to be Mediterranean also, should be interesting.

It will be two levels, street level, with the Hampton Inn lobby and the patio level.

I was also told the name will be Soby's River View.

It will be two levels, street level, with the Hampton Inn lobby and the patio level.

I was also told the name will be Soby's River View.

Excellent! This will be another great addition, and we all know that the Soby's group will do a great job. Their track record speaks for itself.

So now we will have Soby's, Soby's on the Side, and Soby's River View. Thankfully, Restaurant O does not have the Soby's name in it. :lol:

Excellent! This will be another great addition, and we all know that the Soby's group will do a great job. Their track record speaks for itself.

So now we will have Soby's, Soby's on the Side, and Soby's River View. Thankfully, Restaurant O does not have the Soby's name in it. :lol:

Maybe Soby's should expand into other metros and build a corporate hq tower downtown with a new Soby's resturant at ground level... :D

Maybe Soby's should expand into other metros and build a corporate hq tower downtown with a new Soby's resturant at ground level... :D

You have Smoke on the Water, so how about a restaurant on top with an observation deck called "Fire in the Sky?"-RT's idea, not mine. :D

Edited by g-man430

Check out what a couple of recent visitors have said about the "new" Hampton Inn & Suites at RiverPlace. :thumbsup: Great comments!

This certainly ISN'T your daddies Hampton Inn. :lol:

I stayed in one of the round suites one weekend this past fall to check it out and see if it was a place I would recommend to business associates. I was quite impressed. Way better than the average Hampton. The suite has two bathrooms, two plasmas (one in bedroom, one in living room), wet bar, high thread count sheets, free bottled water, chocolates, floor to ceiling windows, etc, etc. When you enter the room, both plasmas are on with a screen saver that moves to the beat of very new age music. Very upmarket. Every thoughtful amenity was there, even turn down service and a bottle of Presecco (I think they new my company was Italian).

This hotel is definitely a winner! Nice addition to downtown.

Some photos:

DSC00193.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00191.jpg

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

^^^Erm1981 says that somebody in his class at Greenville Tech that works for Creative Builders, who is building the Terrace at Riverplace said that Phil Hughes came by the job site and showed them an updated rendering of phase III of Riverplace that is 30 stories tall instead of the original 12.

^^^Erm1981 says that somebody in his class at Greenville Tech that works for Creative Builders, who is building the Terrace at Riverplace said that Phil Hughes came by the job site and showed them an updated rendering of phase III of Riverplace that is 30 stories tall instead of the original 12.

That's awesome. I hope they do build it, but does anyone else not have reservations about it passing through the DPC? I mean, they didn't let a 10 story residential tower go as planned, will they stand for 30? I like the clear definition of the districts of downtown. I'm not so sure that a 30 story tower wouldn't blur that distinction of City Center and West End. But then again, the Camperdown is 12 stories right (or was it 14?)? Just drumming up discussion.

That's awesome. I hope they do build it, but does anyone else not have reservations about it passing through the DPC? I mean, they didn't let a 10 story residential tower go as planned, will they stand for 30? I like the clear definition of the districts of downtown. I'm not so sure that a 30 story tower wouldn't blur that distinction of City Center and West End. But then again, the Camperdown is 12 stories right (or was it 14?)? Just drumming up discussion.

I'm with you, GvilleSC. I like the idea of the 30-story building a lot, but I am not sure the DPC will allow it. From what I recall about Phase III, this building would back up to Academy Street. I am not sure where on Academy it would be, but it's debatable whether it would still be considered "West End." In a perfect world, the 30-story tower would be located downtown, perhaps at Main and Broad Streets or in one of the surface parking lots near East North and Spring Streets.

Does anyone think a 30-story tower at Phase III would look out of place? It seems that it would be far removed from the other tall buildings downtown. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I would hate for it to stick out like a sore thumb.