CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Riverplace

btoy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know anything about the fountain? I went by there today, and the left middle waterfall section is still not working (since last Fall), instead there are a bunch of rocks stacked on top of each other. Also, only a few of the tunnel jets ever seem to work, and there are currently signs posted "Please do not play in fountain." All of this seems glaringly counter to our "jewel, one of a kind fountain." This was supposed to be a great attraction, but so far, it has been rather problematic and anticlimactic.

Also, walked by Highcotton about 5pm, and there was not a single person in the restaurant, just some workers and two floors of empty tables. Does it have strange business hours or is this a bad sign? How many more restaurants can DT realistically support at this time?

^ Yeah, I agree with you about the fountain. While I like the main large stone part, the train portion is just really bad. It doesn't seem to work and it's simply out of place with this style / size development. Lets hope plans for a redo are in the works.

The best judge of a restaurant's success is at 8:00 PM, not 5:00 PM. From everything I hear, High Cotton is doing very well. :thumbsup:

Also, walked by Highcotton about 5pm, and there was not a single person in the restaurant, just some workers and two floors of empty tables. Does it have strange business hours or is this a bad sign? How many more restaurants can DT realistically support at this time?

I can't imagine many Greenville area higher end restaurants have a lot of business at 5 PM on a Monday.

I can't imagine many Greenville area higher end restaurants have a lot of business at 5 PM on a Monday.

That is true for this time of year. Most of these places pick up after 6:00pm. This shows how silly it is that our retailers close up before the people are out shopping in the evening.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

there is a new Art Crossing sign down by the river....fyi.

looks nice.

I took a picture of this and will post it later today. I also noticed that the "do not play in fountain" signs are gone and the train music is finally working. The middle part of the fountain still doesn't work though. :/

There's a new candy shop in the ground floor of the Hampton Inn at RiverPlace and it appears that the Michelin on Main Store is coming later this summer:

Also noticed that Soby's newest restaurant had interior work going on, as well as furnishings going in, on the ground floor level of Hampton....river facing side.

It is Vaughn Russell, but I would like to know if it will see any improvements? It really needs better decoration and a nice sign outside. I looked in through the window and thought it was still being moved into before realizing the handwritten piece of paper taped to the inside of the glass saying "open." Inside was only a couple display racks of candy and everything was very plain. I love the potential but not the lack of promotion.

Edited by Skyliner

It is Vaughn Russell, but I would like to know if it will see any improvements? It really needs better decoration and a nice sign outside. I looked in through the window and thought it was still being moved into before realizing the handwritten piece of paper taped to the inside of the glass saying "open." Inside was only a couple display racks of candy and everything was very plain. I love the potential but not the lack of promotion.

Yea - I agree, Skyliner. I noticed them there simply because they had the door wide open during Artisphere. I walked up and peeked in, but didn't see anything that really made me want to walk into the place to check it out, so I walked away and made a mental note that they were there. So far, I've been underwhelmed by both of the chocolate shops that have opened downtown. I did find and enjoy one of the Kilwin's while I was in Florida though. I can definitely now agree with your assertion a few months back that they'd be a great fit for downtown. :shades:

Yea - I agree, Skyliner. I noticed them there simply because they had the door wide open during Artisphere. I walked up and peeked in, but didn't see anything that really made me want to walk into the place to check it out, so I walked away and made a mental note that they were there. So far, I've been underwhelmed by both of the chocolate shops that have opened downtown. I did find and enjoy one of the Kilwin's while I was in Florida though. I can definitely now agree with your assertion a few months back that they'd be a great fit for downtown. :shades:

There is a Kilwin's in Hendersonville, NC - nice place, great sweets. :thumbsup:

Skyliner, I talked to the owners when they were moving in, and they told me that they had ordered

new display racks, but they were going to use the old ones from another store so they could get

open for this past weekend