CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Riverplace

btoy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who are out of town, the lights are now on at The Terrace and they are awesome! They are the same color-changing lights that you have seen on the office building, but The Terrace has them lower on the exterior wall as well. RiverPlace is stunning and it is not even close to being finished yet! :shades:

I was told that they can do eight different colors and they can do several different lighting patterns. They are supposedly trying to coordinate lighting with different events being held downtown.

It certainly is encouraging to read in the TBA of this week's Journal that the rest of Phase II will be going before the DPC for approval soon. I can't wait for the rest of Phase II to get underway and for the first two phases to be complete all the way to River Street, but I'm still curious as to what surprises Phase III may hold for us.

That's great news! With the way that you all are describing Riverplace as it stands now, I can't imagine what the rest of phase two will do for downtown. I can't wait to experience it for myself when I return. I hope that the DPC approves phase II plans and construction will begin soon. :)

Does anyone else think that all of the little artisits spaces would be better served as restaurants/cafes with lots of outdoor seating? Two Thanksgivings ago we visited my sister in Round Rock and took a day trip the next day to S.A. While very commercial and touristy (kinda the point lol) the Riverwalk is awesome with all of the various restaurants with outdoor umbrella seating.

To me this is such prime real estate and is being wasted as art galleries. I'm all for these type of venues but perhaps in a location less prominant.

Does anyone else think that all of the little artisits spaces would be better served as restaurants/cafes with lots of outdoor seating? Two Thanksgivings ago we visited my sister in Round Rock and took a day trip the next day to S.A. While very commercial and touristy (kinda the point lol) the Riverwalk is awesome with all of the various restaurants with outdoor umbrella seating.

To me this is such prime real estate and is being wasted as art galleries. I'm all for these type of venues but perhaps in a location less prominant.

I really like the art galleries, and the times I have been there it seems that the studios pique many people's curiosity. It provides a unique aspect of Greenville to both visitors and locals. Plus, it benefits the artists because of all the foot traffic by their studios.

I really like the art galleries, and the times I have been there it seems that the studios pique many people's curiosity. It provides a unique aspect of Greenville to both visitors and locals. Plus, it benefits the artists because of all the foot traffic by their studios.

Agreed. I think the ground floor of the Riverplace buildings is a nice mixture of uses. There are some restaurants and some artist spaces along the river, both of which will probably attract people at different times and keep our River Walk brimming with pedestrian traffic.

• 2 months later...

I still can't get over the fact that these prime "waterfront" locations aren't occupied with restaurants with al fresco dining/seating. How cool would that look to see them filled with people patronizing restaurants, coffee shops, cafes, bistros and the like? Does anyone know if the artists got a break on rent? How on earth could they afford this space unless it was subsidized? Thanks