CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Riverplace

btoy

1 hour ago, vicupstate said:

According to Realtor.com three of the eight condos are under contract. 

That seems pretty impressive for that price point. I'm sure more will follow soon base on how 121 Rhett (and now these) have sold. 

Am I the only who dislikes how they handled the top of the Embassy Suites? The stucco looks so jarring by contrast. The renderings always conveyed that portion as brick. Now it looks like an after thought, which is a shame, IMO. Otherwise, I enjoy watching the River front development continue when I'm in town! 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/13/2016 at 2:55 PM, GvilleSC said:

Am I the only who dislikes how they handled the top of the Embassy Suites? The stucco looks so jarring by contrast. The renderings always conveyed that portion as brick. Now it looks like an after thought, which is a shame, IMO. Otherwise, I enjoy watching the River front development continue when I'm in town! 

I might tend to agree, but then I wouldn't want to be accused of bad-mouthing another project. After all, at least it looks better than a Walmart.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Were there ever plans posted for ES?  I think I remember rooftop restaurant (maybe a rooftop pool too?) but is that at the very top of the building or directly above what looks to be restaurant space at street/lobby (not riverwalk) level?  Its that flat top above the lobby level space that looks kind of wasted if not used.

18 hours ago, gvegascple said:

Were there ever plans posted for ES?  I think I remember rooftop restaurant (maybe a rooftop pool too?) but is that at the very top of the building or directly above what looks to be restaurant space at street/lobby (not riverwalk) level?  Its that flat top above the lobby level space that looks kind of wasted if not used.

That is the pool deck.

On 8/25/2016 at 8:26 AM, Gville2012 said:

That is the pool deck.

From their website this is the only pool mention (emphasis mine) - Take a dip in our saltwater swimming pool – the only indoor pool in downtown – 

So are there two pools? an indoor and an outdoor (that is not yet mentioned)?  Putting a pool in that open space above the lobby level restaurant facing the river sounds logical to me, just trying to find mention of it. I still have this nagging feeling that all that space is just going to be flat open un used roof space, right on the river

Edited by gvegascple

30 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

I'm also wondering, is something else going to be built behind the hotel and condos? It looks like they started to build something, but it looks incomplete, not just unfinished.

And did someone say something about as other office building at RP?

That is for the office building, which hasn't started construction let alone been presented to the DRB. 

10 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

Somehow I missed that. Do we know anything about the office building, potential size, height, tenants?

It was shown on the plans as "future office building" or something like that. I imagine it would be no taller than the ES, and more likely shorter to help the step down transition with the innovate building, but that's just speculation on my part. 

• Like 1

On September 26, 2005 at 5:42 AM, NYTransplant said:

Great Shots guys! :thumbsup:

Great shots except for the one with the back of the Peace Center as the main feature. I know that has to be a great view, but that particular shot is not very appealing. Having said that, I would love to live in that building. 

• 5 months later...