CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Riverplace

btoy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They definitely subdivided the space as I mentioned and there are Starbucks plans at the site. I guess they could be plans for another location or something like that but for now the plans are there. I will check on the site the next few days and see if I can confirm.

That was an interesting tip; I looked on the GIS website as well and County Square is dirt cheap- surely a developer could buy it for not much (after all, it's class B or C office space, right? I haven't been inside since it was in the process of being converted from a mall, when the interior mall part was still there) and make a good profit.

That Starbucks has been planned for over a year. I was starting to think it was never going to happen. I knew that Hughes was trying to land them for that space, and well over a year ago I had heard that Starbucks had chosen a location near the park, but I was never able to get confirmation if it was that space or not.

HAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

Would love to see a tall interstate McDonald's sign on the Reedy! YES! Cant wait for this to happen!!!!!!

SIKE! :sick::lol:

jeez, that's good to know. i knew i could count on the "in the know" crowd for some insider scoop action. although i have to say i am a little sad. i was hoping it would be stewart spinx first stand alone fried chicken joint. :rolleyes:

jeez, that's good to know. i knew i could count on the "in the know" crowd for some insider scoop action. although i have to say i am a little sad. i was hoping it would be stewart spinx first stand alone fried chicken joint. :rolleyes:

Is this MickyD's a serious thing? I thought it was a joke.

yes i'm quite sure it is a BAD joke from our blue collar comedy fellas :silly:

What are you talking about? My collar is plaid.

BTW, McDonald's would fit the cities need for family orriented eateries near the park. They would even have room for one of their playgrounds inside.

Edited by btoy

I deserve the ribbing about my icon, because I have certainly changed it a few times lately! I thought the 175th anniversary one was too small, and the I-85 one wasn't as clear as it was on the website where I found it. The truth is that you guys have great icons, and I am working hard to keep up!

For the record, I plan to keep this icon for a while. :)

I deserve the ribbing about my icon, because I have certainly changed it a few times lately! I thought the 175th anniversary one was too small, and the I-85 one wasn't as clear as it was on the website where I found it. The truth is that you guys have great icons, and I am working hard to keep up!

For the record, I plan to keep this icon for a while. :)

Well, at least you have an icon. One, which I really like too! :thumbsup:

Allora at the first 155 Riverplace Home Owners meeting said that in the Riverplce building will be The Grape, Starbcuks, and High Cotton.

I thought someone said High Cotton would be at FallsPlace (RBC Centura Building) accorss the street, but it appears that they will be in the restaurant space a Riverplace, which IMO is a better spot.

The walkway down to the river on that side of main st (beside the new condos) is open. I walked around there a little today, and everthing is looking really good. People are living in the condos. One thing I don't understand, why wasn't the building behind the condos (which are also condos) just built on top of the other one. That would have given them river views too, and would have made for a bigger skyline statement?

Everything is looking great though, and I am eagerly awaiting the start of phase 3.

I waslooking at the brick waterfall between the Peace center and the restaurant, can't remember the name. I really like the waterfall, but I think it would be cool if there were some fish in the ponds surrounding it.

Also, the foot bridge that goes over the river straight towards the Hampton INN, there are those concrete slabs that stick out, and it looks like they are flow valves or something there. It would look much nicer if these were changed to rocks or something that looked much more natural, or if they were just removed altogether. Any thoughts?

The walkway down to the river on that side of main st (beside the new condos) is open. I walked around there a little today, and everthing is looking really good. People are living in the condos. One thing I don't understand, why wasn't the building behind the condos (which are also condos) just built on top of the other one. That would have given them river views too, and would have made for a bigger skyline statement?

Everything is looking great though, and I am eagerly awaiting the start of phase 3.

I waslooking at the brick waterfall between the Peace center and the restaurant, can't remember the name. I really like the waterfall, but I think it would be cool if there were some fish in the ponds surrounding it.

Also, the foot bridge that goes over the river straight towards the Hampton INN, there are those concrete slabs that stick out, and it looks like they are flow valves or something there. It would look much nicer if these were changed to rocks or something that looked much more natural, or if they were just removed altogether. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the update! I always like the little dam that's in place. Maybe it's just me. I've always been fond of it