CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Riverplace

btoy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are the bells going to go? Are they going to be a part of this area or phase 2 or closer to Main St?

Stop by the Hampton Inn and was told by the staff the bells will be located in the middle of the paved courtyard between the Hampton inn and the new building they are working on (the small unfinished planter in the middle of the paved circle).

If you go by the Hampton Inn they will give you a quick tour ( take your camera forgot mine :wacko: ) As I was told by the staff the building was designed before they knew what would locate there, so it created the need for some unique planing for a Hampton Inn. They showed me three different room types, one with a balcony over looking the reedy river, one in the back circular tower and one of the smaller standard rooms in the middle of the Inn. All the rooms are very unique and different from standard hotel rooms. They looked great, had great views and by far the best Hampton Inn rooms I have seen and some of the best looking rooms in Greenville. :thumbsup:

As I was leaving, I overheard a member of the staff on the phone with a guest, describing Greenville as a tourist destination and that the Hampton Inn was located in the middle of all the attractions. As a Greenville native it's kind of hard to get used to hearing Greenville describied as a tourist destination (but cool). :thumbsup:

It looks like maybe its toned down a bit from the original renderings. I seem to remember a sort of "tunnel" of water that people could walk under.

Yes, I recall the same thing. It was a tunnel made of arcs of water being shot from one side of a walkway to another...or at least that's how I interpreted what I had seen in the renderings. I don't see any evidence of this in any of these photos or from standing there and looking at it in person. :blink:

They've still got some work to do, so who knows...it may be there yet. :thumbsup:

Thursday, 27-JUL-2006:

RiverWalk looking towards Academy:

199953435_735bdaea44.jpg

Outdoor dining patio for future restaurant at the Hampton Inn:

199953439_3416baf2d1.jpg

Work continues on the Terrace at RiverPlace:

199953440_c91b0a371b.jpg

The Peace Center and Wyche Pavilion seen from the steps of the Centerpiece Fountain:

199953441_25fe91d397.jpg

Looking back up those same steps toward the landing at the top:

199965744_d45e6f5bcf_b.jpg

Thanks for the mini Riverplace tour. I can't wait for retail/resturants along the river to open!

By the way, designs submissions for the Carillion project at Riverplace are due at the begining of next week, I believe. So, hopefully we can look to hear something soon. Maybe by the end of August, we'll know what is instore for the centerpiece (in addition to the water feature).